Lp10 Air Hog ?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry LeVan

Lp10 Air Hog ?

Post by Jerry LeVan »

Hi,
It seems to me like my LP10 can suck the life right out of my scuba tank...
Yesterday I filled both cylinders from my scuba tank which read 2500psi. I put one in the case and screwed the other one onto the AP.
Today I took 40 shots in the early afternoon and later in the early evening I continued shooting. After 10 more shots I noticed that the indicator dial was starting into the yellow so I installed the other cylinder.
I took another 50 shots with the fresher cylinder and then cleaned up and refilled the cylinders. The first cylinder was down to 1000psi but the second was about 1500 psi.
What happened to the missing 500 psi? Each was used for 50 shots...
The previous day I took 100 shots with my Morini ( was filled at about 2500psi) and the hook never did engage.
Seems like the LP10 really consumes the air...(or leaks).
Is this high air usage common among other LP10 users?
--Jerry

jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.45050.0
Rod G.

Re: Lp10 Air Hog ?

Post by Rod G. »

Hi Jerry,
I don't have one but my buddy used to complain about his. He reduced the velocity to just under 500 fps and is now finding air consumption to be more economical. (The factory adjusted velocity was near 600 fps.)
Regards,
Rod G.
lowkey-at-autobahan.mb.ca.45053.45050
Jerry LeVan

Post by Jerry LeVan »

: Hi Jerry,
: I don't have one but my buddy used to complain about his. He reduced the velocity to just under 500 fps and is now finding air consumption to be more economical. (The factory adjusted velocity was near 600 fps.)
Hi Rod,
I thought 600 ft/sec was illegal in CA :).
My LP10 is running about 530 ft/sec.
--Jerry
jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.45059.45053
Roland Cannon

Post by Roland Cannon »

Mine uses no more than anything else I have used. I refill at about 100 shots just to be safe, however.
It is also possible to lose a lot of air as you disconnect from the filling devise. Any chance this is going on?

Steve T

Mine gets ~100 shots (NT)

Post by Steve T »

: : Hi Jerry,
: : I don't have one but my buddy used to complain about his. He reduced the velocity to just under 500 fps and is now finding air consumption to be more economical. (The factory adjusted velocity was near 600 fps.)
: Hi Rod,
: I thought 600 ft/sec was illegal in CA :).
: My LP10 is running about 530 ft/sec.
: --Jerry

Chris L in NC

Sounds like your supply tank pressure is too low

Post by Chris L in NC »

I don't have a scuba tank, just a hand pump. I pump mine up to the redline and each cylinder goes at LEAST 150 shots. If there's a leak, it might be audible.
: Yesterday I filled both cylinders from my scuba tank which read 2500psi. I put one in the case and screwed the other one onto the AP.
Aha, now we're getting somewhere. Redline for a Steyr cylinder is 200bar or about 2900psi. It's hard to get cylinders charged when the tank has LESS pressure than the cylinder max. But it only takes you a few seconds to recharge from the scuba tank, and hand pumps need 3-5 minutes of pumping that gets your heart rate up enough that it can affect your shooting, so maybe you are better off overall.
chrisatty-at-hotmail.com.45103.45050