Walthe LGR - Resealing - Pics

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

AmBraCol

Walthe LGR - Resealing - Pics

Post by AmBraCol »

I recently rebuilt a Walther LGR for a friend. Here's a chronical of the build. There's not much info on rebuilding these rifles on the 'net. So this is an attempt to fill some of that void.

http://precisionandina.com/walther-lgr-rebuild/

Feed back and questions are welcome.
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports.  The shooting sports tend to promote self control and are peaceably participated in by those who know that their greatest challenge is their need to continually hone their own abilities.
Star7

Re: Walthe LGR - Resealing - Pics

Post by Star7 »

Thank You!
The photos are wonderful.
AmBraCol

Post by AmBraCol »

Thanks! Just trying to be of service.
I'm a peaceful man and prefer the pursuit of peaceful sports.  The shooting sports tend to promote self control and are peaceably participated in by those who know that their greatest challenge is their need to continually hone their own abilities.
samg

Post by samg »

Great post. As you point out, there is very little info out there on how to work on these guys. This will be a very helpful reference. Thanks
AmBraCol

Post by AmBraCol »

Thanks, guys. If you have any sources for other info out there, I'm updating the article with links supplied by others. It can be a pain to track down a multitude of URL's when researching a rebuild/reseal/etc so I hope to have a one page stop for folks who want to redo one of these fine old rifles.

The problem with this build is - now I want one for myself. :-D It's a fun rifle to shoot.

That corroded chamber is still bugging me. The rifle leaks down fairly quickly, due I'm sure to an incomplete seal from the corroded seat. Any ideas on how to address it? I'm considering a careful application of silicone rubber like for a headgasket - but don't want to glue the valve in there permanently.
Cola

Post by Cola »

I recently bought a used LGR and after less than 20 shots which seemed very slow, it no longer holds air when pumped and air just escapes from the barrela and pretty bummed about it because I just bought it and the seller won't help and I don't have a lot of money to spend to fix this paperweight now.

Cola
AmBraCol

Post by AmBraCol »

If it were me, I'd disassemble the rifle to get at the valve and see what's going on in there. There's a good chance that it just needs cleaning - or a new valve seal.

Post by 1066 »

I've recently become the proud owner of an LGR. It's been a club gun since new in the 1980's - it stopped working about 10 years ago and has sat in a clubroom safe gathering dust since then. A total stripdown, a reseal and a bit of loving care and it's up and running again. I ended up machining a new piston head and fitting an "O" ring seal. It hold pressure for 24 hours and is stunningly accurate at 10m. I made the little Bi-pod out of scraps and 3d printed a new fore-sight element.

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
Win52shooter

Post by Win52shooter »

How much would you charge to make another bipod like that? That is a dandy.

Post by 1066 »

I can do that for you - PM me and we can have a chat.. I'm UK based so there will be a bit of extra shipping cost and about a week delay. At a guess post would be around $7-10. Stainless steel legs, 3d printed black parts and hand machined aluminium nut.

Post by 1066 »

Bi-pod in the post for you Terry. It fits and standard 12mm accessory rail:

Win52shooter

Post by Win52shooter »

Looks great. Can't wait to get it.
Thanks a million allan
Win52shooter

Post by Win52shooter »

Hey allan, the bipod arrived on Friday. It is perfect. The fit and finish are excellent. I truly appreciate the great communication, fast shipping and excellent product. I can't thank you enough. I've posted some pics so you can see your work.
Attachments
20190511_084246-768x873.jpg
20190511_084226-600x749.jpg
20190511_084754-800x322.jpg

Post by 1066 »

Thank you Terry, certainly looks good on your LGR but should fit any rifle with a standard 12mm Eurorail.
Win52shooter

Post by Win52shooter »

Allan, I've checked and the bipod fits all my air rifles. So you're gonna have to ramp up production. I need more.
Thanks.

Post by 1066 »

:) I'm just doing a batch of 10 so I'll earmark a couple for you Terry. Pleased you like them.
Win52shooter

Post by Win52shooter »

Sounds perfect allan. Have a great weekend.
Win52shooter

Post by Win52shooter »

Hey allan, I received the latest shipment of bipods. They arrived fast and in one piece. And just as before, they are perfect. Thanks a million for the great service and great product.
Win52shooter

Post by Win52shooter »

Hey allan. Here are the bipods on 3 different air rifles. The bipods fit perfectly on all three and are very user friendly. They are a cinch to put and take off.
Keep making them because I will need more real soon.
Take care and thanks a million for the great product.
Oh yea, thanks for the super fast shipping also.
Attachments
20190526_112223-488x900.jpg
20190526_100111-860x551.jpg