Falling velocity

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jeremy Masters

Falling velocity

Post by Jeremy Masters »

Hi guys,
I owned a 2 years old Steyr LP10. The muzzle velocity was set at 490. Yesterday, the muzzle velocity dropped progressively with each shot fired! After 50 shots, the muzzle velocity was at 310.
What could go wrong here?
Thanks you in advance for your comments.
JM
Luis Albergaria Pacheco

Re: Falling velocity

Post by Luis Albergaria Pacheco »

The same thing happened in my Steyr LP1P at about the same age. I tracked the problem to the steel spring associated with the speed adjustment screw. In my case, just unscrewing completly, tryng to extend the spring (its very hard) and assembling it again made it work perfectly again.
Sorry about the poor english.
Good luck
AP
luis.a.albergaria-at-telecom.pt.45096.45094
pilkguns

Post by pilkguns »

this could be several things, a regulator gone bad or some trash somewhere in the system. Are you absolutely sure the cylinder was full?
Luis Albergaria Pacheco

Post by Luis Albergaria Pacheco »

In my case, yes, the cylinder had the 200 bar of pressure. Anyway I tryed another cylinder just in case.
luis.a.albergaria-at-telecom.pt.45109.45098
Jeremy Masters

Post by Jeremy Masters »

Yes, the clyinder was full at 2 bars. Please list out all the possible faults that could resulted in the progressive fall in muzzle velocity, with each successive shots from 490 to 310.
Thanks
JM
: this could be several things, a regulator gone bad or some trash somewhere in the system. Are you absolutely sure the cylinder was full?