Walther LG 400 striker not releasing

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

richkatilius

Walther LG 400 striker not releasing

Post by richkatilius »

Hello. My daughter has a Walther LG400 Anatomic and was attempting to adjust the second stage over travel. Well, after research, we determined that there is no over travel stop on the LG400 (after she turned each adjustment screw)..... My problem now is that now the striker will not release... I am quite sure that one of the screws that she turned caused this (as it was working prior to adjusting). After reading the operating instructions I am assuming that this would be controlled by the Let-off point screw. I have made minor adjustments, but I am hesitant to just start playing with the adjustment screws without having a complete understanding of what I am doing :-(.

Any suggestions as to why the striker isn't releasing? The fun part is she has a NRA sectional competition this coming weekend....

Thank you in advance.

Rich
KH250

Re: Walther LG 400 striker not releasing

Post by KH250 »

Looking at the manual, if the first stage travel screw, D has been wound in too far the trigger will not reset when the rifle is cocked. Adjusting screw E left of point will do nothing. Adjusting first stage travel screw anti clockwise will allow the trigger to reset. And the let off point can be adjusted as per the manual. If trigger was adjusted to have a "direct" trigger, no first stage, then D wound in to far will have the same effect. I assume you have the manual. The picture of the trigger is quite helpful. Manual is available as a download from the Walther site.
richkatilius

Re: Walther LG 400 striker not releasing

Post by richkatilius »

Thank you for the response. I did review the manual and made the adjustments with no success. I contacted Champions Choice (where I purchased from). They did the adjustments for free! Just had to pay for shipping!!!!