best gun for Jr shooter

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Brennan Loffert

best gun for Jr shooter

Post by Brennan Loffert »

14 year old, Junior shooter looking for a FWB P70 JR or comprable(Anschutz 2002, or Styer LG100 Jr.)new, used, demo, or blem...to shoot for my JROTC rifle team. Any ROTC discounts greatly appreciated, also,any input on which of these guns is the best.

GLOFFERT-at-aol.com.45022.0
Randy

Re: best gun for Jr shooter

Post by Randy »

The best deal you are going to get is Walther LG300 Junior Air rifle from the CMP. If your club is a CMP Club or anybody else that belongs to the organization can order from them for $725, but the catch is that you must keep the gun for five years. The gun cannot be sold at anytime until then. The rifle can be upgraded to the aluminum stock models at anytime. The receiver and barrel are basically the same throughout the line except at the top of the line, which uses a carbon fiber barre. The only other difference is that a add a longer blubber tube at the end of the barrelfor a longer sight radius.

: 14 year old, Junior shooter looking for a FWB P70 JR or comprable(Anschutz 2002, or Styer LG100 Jr.)new, used, demo, or blem...to shoot for my JROTC rifle team. Any ROTC discounts greatly appreciated, also,any input on which of these guns is the best.

randy-at-srv.net.45027.45022
joseph

Post by joseph »

My old HS team always used FWB P60Jr's. If you're relatively small and don't expect to grow too much, it'll do fine. I started with one and was very happy with it until it just got too small for me (I have 43" sholders now). I have seen these rifles shoot upwards of 295 (3x10) with good test groups. I also watched Amber Crist win the Georgia State HS Championships with one. I think the CMP sells them (or at least used to) for less than the walther, but I don't know if they stll do...and you'd have to be on a scholastic team and have your coach order it.
I remember talking to a guy from the AMU a long time ago when I was first looking to buy my first Air Rifle, and his advice was, "Walther, Anschutz, Feinwerkbau...you can't go wrong." Also, Bob Foth has told me that historically, Walthers have had the best triggers, with the other two VERY close behind; FWB stocks fit most people in their normal range of adjustment; and Anschutz makes the best sights. From personal experience, i would have to say that he's right...and it seems to me that Anschutz makes the best actions of the three.
A lot to think about, but if i were you, i'd definitely go with a p70jr.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Brennan:
I know you are looking to shake loose one of those P70jr's that someone bought when they were cheap and is not using which is understandable I've done that too. I'd just suggest you might also consider a full sized P70 depending on the size of the 14 year old. My daughter is 12 but almost 13 and is shooting a full sized P70. She is tall and skinny. She was shooting a P70jr but her little sister was needing something to shoot so I needed to do something. I found a used full sized P70 and took the weight out of the forearm and the muzzle weight off and it works well for her. I can then put the weights back as she can handle them. If you go the jr. route I bet you'll be looking for spacers and weights for it pretty quickly. I also have a full sized anschutz 2002 and I don't think she could handle that. They seem to be a good bit heavier even stripped than the P70 is.

pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.45029.45022
mike

Post by mike »

If Dylan p and brian start acting like assholes. i,m gonna blow there fuckin brains out no guess not but i wish. Because fuckin cock sucking asshole