Sight & trigger control

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

ado

Sight & trigger control

Post by ado »

How do you practice you sight Alignment& trigger control? cuz when i check my sight picture i cant pull my trigger, sometimes to long to pill the trigger. useually i hit 8&9,7,6. Guys I need you help badly..
Thanks

David M

Blank Target

Post by David M »

Make it a bit easier, remove one of the tasks so you can concentrate on the others.
Put up a blank target.
Helps with trigger control and sight alignment without worry of a target or outcome.
Lifetokerz

Re: Sight & trigger control

Post by Lifetokerz »

If you can "dry fire" with your air pistol then you should do that often until you can "sub-consciously" eliminate one the following from your train of thought: hold(easiest to do sub-consciously), align sights, squeeze trigger. you can't spread your concentration to thin or all these factors will suffer...especially your sight alignment...try this thought sequence when making a shot: raise - align sights - hold under the black - nestle into the trigger - align sights(again)- squeeze trigger while focusing on the FRONT SIGHT....when you squeeze the trigger make sure you are only moving the second joint of the finger...you can practice that anywhere (driving..in bed...etc..) the trick to shooting is lowering the concentration load by doing things SUB CONCIOUSLY!
good shooting
life

lifetokerz-at-aol.com.44988.44981
Mark.

Re: Blank Target

Post by Mark. »

The technique David's suggesting has worked well for me. In the early days I'd shoot a string of 9's, interspersed with 6's and 7's (too darned many of them). Trigger control was getting the better of me, resulting in scores in the high 70's.
Then a friend suggested shooting at the back side of a target. I thought he was nuts, but tried it. After two days of practicing this technique I amazed myself when I turned a target over and scored it and several others. I was shooting well into the 80's, without having a bullseye to aim at! This technique really helps you concentrate on the sights and triggering the gun so those sights don't move.
Try it, you'll like the results!

Mark.