Central NC air pistol shooting?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David R.

Central NC air pistol shooting?

Post by David R. »

Anybody know of clubs/orginizations in the Triangle area for air pistol shooting and competition? I'm just getting started in 10m AP.
Thanks,
David
Cecil

Re: Central NC air pistol shooting?

Post by Cecil »

Charlotte Rifle and Pistol Club has a few international matches each year. First is Nov 14, 15, 16. Check website and contact Eli Colotta. USC, Citadel and others usually show up, sometimes even Warren. I will probably be there.
Durham Pistol and Rifle Club (actually near Mebane) has a large clubhouse with BB for juniors, but no one to run AP matches.
Otherwise, the area is in need of someone to get some matches started. If you are a member of Sir Walter Gun Club (Creedmoor) or Wake County Training Center (Holly Springs and run by Sir Walter for the public); I will be glad to provide you with some direction on getting started if you would like to run some matches. I already run the Conventional Pistol Matches for Sir Walter and at this point in my life, my time is pretty much used up.
Basically, I know of only about 5 other AP / International pistol shooters in the local area and most of those concentrate on Conventional.

David R

Re: Central NC air pistol shooting?

Post by David R »

Thanks, Cecil, for all the information (I had never heard of the Wake County Training Center). I knew shooting related resources were scarce around here :(
I'm glad I can at least do the AP at home.
Looks like Charlotte is my best bet.
-David