Cabinet to conceal targets?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
David W. Johnson

Cabinet to conceal targets?

Post by David W. Johnson »

I was using a stand-alone cabinet for my targets. I stored my pistols, lamp, targets, etc in the cabinet. When I opened the cabinet, there are two metal traps set at the appropriate height, ready to go.

My wife and I bought a new house. The old cabinet was kind of cheap and doesn't go well in the new house. She has challenged me to build a nice cabinet to replace the old one. I was thinking something along the lines of the cabinets that hold dart boards. You open the two doors to reveal the target, darts, scoreboard, etc. Mine would obviously have to be larger, but same concept.

Anyone done something similar and willing to post pics? Just looking for ideas.

Many thanks!

David
Rover

Re: Cabinet to conceal targets?

Post by Rover »

Look in furniture catalogs for "armoire". Kind of appropriate, don't you think?
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

If it worked well, you can dress it up with plywood or veneer and put on a nice finish. Seems like a simpler solution.
crankythunder

Post by crankythunder »

Hey David:

I have done a number of kitchens and you can get kitchen cabinets in pretty much any size you need and quality from cheap to top notch. Get it to match the rest of the cabinets or have it be a focus piece.

Regards,
Crankster