Pairs Clinic w/ Bob Foth scheduled for RI

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Michèle

Pairs Clinic w/ Bob Foth scheduled for RI

Post by Michèle »

Bob will be coming to Rhode Island to put on one of his pairs clinics on November 15 and 16. The clinic will be held at Camp Fogarty in East Greenwich at a National Guard base, and for those traveling from out of town, you may stay in the quonset huts to save on hotel expenses.
Though Bob prefers to have a Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning format, he is willing, in this case, to forgo the Friday evening and tack those hours into a longer weekend in order to accomodate those making a substantial drive.
We have room for two more pairs. If interested, please let me know SOON to secure a spot.

Below is Bob's own description of the event.

: : I am planning on $90/person with a minimum of 8 coach&shooter pairs. The organizer may charge more if needed for range and/or meals. The organizer will collect all fees and make appropriate arrangements for range and meals (optional). I will cover my own airfare and expenses as well as materials. The clinic is typically 2-3 hours Friday night, all day Saturday and until noon or so on Sunday. You may correct the details on those topics (times and price) in the following descriptive paragraph.
:
: : The preceding coach&shooter "pairs" clinics have been very successful. The focus is on optimizing coach&shooter interaction. Both get to hear all of the lessons in the classes, then head to the firing line to work through those topics together. The classes and range sessions are relatively short and alternate frequently throughout the weekend. The small size allows for one on one time and easy discussions. The clinic is set up for either coaches or interested parents. The shooters may be adults or youths. The clinic is also designed to be a great application for coaches who have completed the NRA/USAS/CMP Coach certification program (NOT required). Coaches can learn this information interacting while with one shooter, then apply it throughout the rest of a career working with many team members. Shooters get individual attention and position work.
: : We will cover:
: : The 3 positions and how to build and fine tune them,
: : Visual cues for coaches to watch,
: : Techniques and fundamentals,
: : Mental training,
: : Physical training,
: : Equipment,
: : Exercises and drills,
: : Finals and "Guts" matches,
: : Sights and sighting in,
: : Shot calling,
: : Coaching techniques, hints and tips,
: : Coach& shooter interaction,
: : Shooting as a lifetime, NCAA and Olympic sport.
: : All of these topics and the range training are covered in a fairly relaxed, informal and interactive way by 3 time Olympian and 1992 medalist, Bob Foth. Bob has run numerous camps and clinics and worked with shooters from beginners to Olympians.
: : Bob was also a high school teacher for 4 years.
: : The clinic will run from
: : 6:30pm - 9:30pm Friday night,
: : 8:30am - 5:30pm Saturday and
: : 8:30am - 11:30am Sunday morning.
: : The fee will be $90/person.
makpak3200-at-earthlink.net.44959.0