Eley Tenex vs Ventus - what exactly is the difference?

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
cobbs

Eley Tenex vs Ventus - what exactly is the difference?

Post by cobbs »

I have to say it is good to see Eley UK 'producing' air pellets. According to some the world will end after Brexit and we might be glad of a local supplier! However, on a more serious note I have scoured the Eley site to understand the difference between these two ranges without success. The only thing for sure is the vast difference in retail price £13 vs £8 approx.
The marketing speak is almost identical including the revelation that Eley have just 'discovered that the diameter of the air pellet is key to optimum performance and flight'. Have they never read a forum or spoken to serious air shooters before now?
I suspect that the Tenex are sorted in some way but as both ranges claim to have 'over 30% superior weight variance within a batch' there must be something else at play to justify 63% price hike. They both have the same well designed box, both are for 'professional and elite shooters', both boxes contain 450 pellets... so it is a mystery.
Anyone got a fact based reason or justification please? I am very interested in trying the Ventus but do not wish to discover I am using pellets that didn't pass the Tenex test.
Or is this another marketing ploy to sow those little seeds of doubt that actually there might be something better out there that will guarantee those extra tens...
Sorry for being a little sceptical, I'd just like to know.
Rover

Re: Eley Tenex vs Ventus - what exactly is the difference?

Post by Rover »

"The pellets are packed in a patented resealable and damage resistant box. The box is sectioned into four compartments overlaid with a foam cushion which minimises movement of the pellets and softens the impact if dropped."

Well, that would certainly explain the "vast" price increase. It would also greatly benefit you clumsy-ass spazz boys.
cobbs

Post by cobbs »

You seem to have missed the point....BOTH Tenex and Ventus are packed in the same box. At £8 that's a decent price for decent pellets. So box isn't the issue here.
Don't understand your last comment... please explain?
Rover

Post by Rover »

One U.S. site is charging $20 a box. Snap 'em up, guys!
cobbs

Post by cobbs »

Ventus are £8 per box at Intershoot.co.uk . Excellent company - as you will see from their website.
Rover

Post by Rover »

This is getting confusing, but it is actually quite simple. Test the pellets yourself and see if they are more accurate in YOUR gun....that is the ONLY criteria you should be concerned with; not weight, not size, not appearance, not price, and certainly not glowing reviews.

I like the box, though.
cobbs

Post by cobbs »

I give up!