walther lg55t shooting tendency question

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

truepaganini

walther lg55t shooting tendency question

Post by truepaganini »

For the life of me I can't figure this out. I have a walther lg55 Tyrolean with the barrel shroud attached, and when I shoot off hand it hits consistently low. Although when I shoot it rested it hits high. I have the sight adjusted all the way up, but every time I shoot it off hand it hits about 1/4 inch low at 10m. I have a fwb 300s, diana 75u, diana 100, and a walther lgr, none of them shoot low like this. Since it shoots a bit high rested with my sight adjustments, I assume its something in the way I shoot this gun off hand but I have no idea what. I've taken to just aiming high but its an inexact science I would prefer to avoid. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Tim S

Re: walther lg55t shooting tendency question

Post by Tim S »

Could the spring and piston be recoiling differently between a rest and an off-hand hold?
spektr

Post by spektr »

I doubt that your eye position is tbe same. A slight position change in the rear sight location(eyeball Center) is almost gauranteed to have occured..
j-team

Post by j-team »

Tim S wrote:Could the spring and piston be recoiling differently between a rest and an off-hand hold?
Yes.
yana

Post by yana »

POI will always vary offhand vs rested with a springer. Thats normal.
All other rifles you have, are non-breakbarrels.
Id check yr barrel lockup and breech seal.
Has it ever been serviced?
I had height issues with my LG55T too at first. Turned out the peep sight was bend (probably damaged during transport or once fallen onto the sight).
truepaganini

Post by truepaganini »

thanks everyone for the suggestions, they have been very helpful.