Haemmerli FP-10 trigger problem

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Pete

Haemmerli FP-10 trigger problem

Post by Pete »

Hi,
Have anyone problem with Haemmerli FP-10 freepistol trigger mechanism like I have ? Allmost everytime after 40-50 shots my freepistol trigger resistance allmost disappears. I have about 50g normal resistance(straight fire), when it gone, it was about 15-20g. Where it comes from ? Have the mechanism some problem or ?
Pete
takkunen-at-hotmail.com.44606.0
Mike T.

Re: Haemmerli FP-10 trigger problem

Post by Mike T. »

Pete,
Check out: http://www.targetshooting.ca
I seem to recall one or two guys discussing that topic fairly recently.
: Hi,
: Have anyone problem with Haemmerli FP-10 freepistol trigger mechanism like I have ? Allmost everytime after 40-50 shots my freepistol trigger resistance allmost disappears. I have about 50g normal resistance(straight fire), when it gone, it was about 15-20g. Where it comes from ? Have the mechanism some problem or ?
: Pete

fmtaylor-at-telus.net.44636.44606
Mark

Re: Haemmerli FP-10 trigger problem

Post by Mark »

Pete,
The FP-10 with which I'm familiar experienced the same difficulty as yours - except that shortly after the trigger pull seemed to need re-adjusting, the thing would fire on its own as the breach was closed. Hammerli replaced the trigger group with one containing ball bearings on three of the cross pins. This new trigger unit has performed flawlessly and is perhaps the best mechanical trigger I've ever felt. If you bought this gun new, then you've got a good reason for a warranty claim. Be aware that Hammerli will want you to ship the gun back to them. Tell them NO in very firm terms and they will produce the replacement trigger unit. It's easy to install (Larry's Guns, the US Hammerli distributor can do it for you, I'm sure).
BTW - their are several variants of FP-10 triggers. Some have no ball bearings, some have bearings on only one cross pin, and some small number of them have the triple ball bearing installation. It is only this latter trigger that functions well. A shooting friend has the single ball bearing trigger and has had the same problem with uncommanded firing. If your trigger is demonstrating symptoms of radically-changing draw weight, please be very careful as you may suddenly get the surprise of an unintentional discharge.
Let me know if you need further info.

Mark.