CO2 entry level pistols?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Pat McCoy

CO2 entry level pistols?

Post by Pat McCoy »

What would you suggest for an entry level (not target quality) pistol to use to introduce new shooters (mostly youngsters) to the sport. Prefer powerlets as source of CO2. We run 5000-6000 shooters thru a pellet gun booth in three days at the Hunting and Fishing Expo (using Crossman Challengers), and would like to add pistol. These should be capapble of left or right handed use. Thanks for you help.
patmccoyagency-at-hotmail.com.44605.0
Joe Matusic, MD

That's a tough one

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

Keepig the Challenger's $200-$250 price range in mind, there are a lot of choices in co2 pistols, but not many in target quality pistols. Any of the Cromans clones (I have a Berreta 92FS clone) would be nice as they mimick the real thing well ans use 8 shot clips that can be quickly refilled with a speed loader. They also have a nice caplet piercing system.
Check out my web site, look at the Winston Salem pictures and look at the last few pictures for pictures of this gun.
Joe.Matusic-at-Camc.org.44617.44605
Mako

Re: That's a tough one

Post by Mako »

That's going to mean a lot of Caplets!!!
Why not Daisy 717's ...
Although the 8 shot CO2's would be more fun ...
How about Air Soft guns ... they have very realistic guns ... fairly powerful versions ... non gas using versions ... using a spinning imparting version that adds stabilizing spin ... cheap ammo ...
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.44621.44617
Joe G.

Post by Joe G. »

I agree with Mako, the cost of CO2 powerlets is going to get high with the type of use you expect. Most CO2 guns will get between 25 and 50 shots on a powerlet and 50 cents each would be about as good a price as you can generally find for them. No chance that a single stroke pneumatic would do? the IZH-46 is real easy to cock and is certainly going to hit where it is aimed. It is also very reliable.

JosephJFG-at-aol. com.44635.44621
Mako

Post by Mako »

IZH46 is too heavy for kids ... nose heavy ... ;-(

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.44656.44635
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

We want to stay with co2 powerlets (cost is not an issue) and pellets to keep inventory down.
The IXH is great (when I brought one home and let my wife shoot it she asked when I was going to get one), but notfor this use. We would like something that is ambidextrous, and it does not have to be target gun quality. This is a n introduction for new folks (get in line for five free shots).
I'd like to stay away from anything that looks like a "real" gun if possible. We are trying to get folks interested in Olympic style shooting, ad I'm concerned that havving something that looks like what the police and military carry will tuen many prospects away.

patmccoyagency-at-hotmail.com.44668.44621
Rick C

Re: CO2 entry level pistols?

Post by Rick C »

How bout a P3, everyone likes that gun, have someone cock the gun for them.
Or a 2240 would be a good chioce. It lools less like a real gun.
Sherdian/Benjamin EB seires
Everything else looks very much like real guns
Good Luck
RC