How many shots until you take a break?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry LeVan

How many shots until you take a break?

Post by Jerry LeVan »

I always force my self to put down my AP after at most ten shots and walk a way for a bit and perhaps sit down or do a couple of stretches.
Of course sometimes I have trouble when starting up again ;(
How often do y'all take a break?
--Jerry

jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.44542.0
Craig E.

Re: How many shots until you take a break?

Post by Craig E. »

: I always force my self to put down my AP after at most ten shots and walk a way for a bit and perhaps sit down or do a couple of stretches.
: Of course sometimes I have trouble when starting up again ;(
: How often do y'all take a break?
: --Jerry
:
Hi Jerry,
I shoot 10 (not ALL 10's LOL) and then change targets. I have developed a pace to stop and evaluate each shot. Before, I would just bang away. Results are better just a wee bit slower. Slow and steady....and I still shoot faster than most other people at matches. I need to slow down even more, but it aint easy. That's how it's been going for me...FWIW, Craig
alance2002-at-yahoo.com.44545.44542
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Do not let number of shots to determine when to take brake, but lock of focus , concentration and when unwanted thoughts enter your mind. What if above things happens and you continuo to shoot because you have 4 or 3 more shots to complete your ten shots series? That's when you start to pick up 8, 7 or worse. Let your body and mind tell you when to take a brake.
Fortitudo Dei

Post by Fortitudo Dei »

: I always force my self to put down my AP after at most ten shots and walk a way for a bit and perhaps sit down or do a couple of stretches.
: Of course sometimes I have trouble when starting up again ;(
: How often do y'all take a break?
===========
Only when I feel I need one. More to the point, if I'm shooting comfortably, feel relaxed and all my shots are 10's and 9's, (i.e. I'm in the "zone"), I won't stop unless I feel that I'm slipping out of the "zone". If this means shooting 40 shots without a break, so be it.
Joseph

Post by Joseph »

Straight from the mouth of Dan Durben (admitedly a rifle shooter, but a good one) the answer is, "The right ammount."