Strange LP10 problem...Revisited

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry LeVan

Strange LP10 problem...Revisited

Post by Jerry LeVan »

Hello,
I think I understand the strange behavior of my LP10 ( unexpected twitch in the gun).
Yesterday while shooting I noticed that sometimes when the cocking lever was fully pulled open that a sharp click would be heard and the cocking lever would jump forward a bit.
I took the handle off and observed that during the cocking process the anti recoil ballast is pushed into the bolt and it appears that part 61 is supposed to hook onto the rascal and hold the ballast in place against some spring pressure. I think that firing the AP generates enough back pressure to pop the hook off of the ballast and let it slide rearward.
I believe that something is buggered in part 61 and it is not holding onto the ballast. In fact with the grip off I saw this happen a couple of times. This also explains the behavior with the cocking lever. If the ballast is turned loose when the cocking lever is in the upright position, it will strike a stop screw and force the bolt forward a bit.
Regrettably I am pretty much a klutz with tools, has any one else had this problem and know of a simple fix?
--jerry
jerry.levan-at-eku.edu.44447.0
RML

Re: Strange LP10 problem...Revisited

Post by RML »

I would advise you to deliver the pistol to a Steyr service center (Pilkguns?) for proper handling of any malfunctions. Homemade "solutions" sometimes becomes expensive.
RML
Jerry LeVan

Re: Strange LP10 problem...Revisited

Post by Jerry LeVan »

I agree, the AP is in transit to Scott even as this is being written :)
--Jerry
: I would advise you to deliver the pistol to a Steyr service center (Pilkguns?) for proper handling of any malfunctions. Homemade "solutions" sometimes becomes expensive.
: RML