Question for Francesco concerning CM84 Compensator

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Mark

Question for Francesco concerning CM84 Compensator

Post by Mark »

Hello there!
I have a question for Francesco Repich concerning the CM84E compensator.
In one response on this board it was written that placement of the compensator is critical to its performance. In a response to one of my more specific questions it was suggested that I have only the standard sight holder.
I have both the standard sight holder, and the compensator (compensator was ordered with the pistol from Gehmann, and came in a plastic bag with the number M271 written on it). I have been shooting with the sight holder positioned so it is even with the end of the barrel (i.e. it does not project past the end of the barrel).
The compensator that came with my brand-new CM84 has three holes for the screw that attaches it to the barrel. Each of these holes allows the compensator to be installed in a different position. The holes are located at positions 3.6cm, 5.6cm and 7.2cm from the "muzzle" end of the compensator. Which position is the one you would recommend as "best" as a result of your design goals and test results? When I installed the compensator yesterday for my first test shots, I installed it using the screw hole located 3.6cm from the muzzle end of the compensator. Your recommendation as to the "best" position would be greatly appreciated.
Also, your recommendation as to the best method of cleaning the compensator, and how often it should be cleaned, would be very helpful.
Many thanks for your assistance.

Regards,
Mark.
PS: This pistol is wonderful to shoot, even with very cold hands as was the case yesterday.
PPS: Is there another language such as french which I might use to make communications easier for you?
Mako

Re: Question for Francesco concerning CM84 Compensator

Post by Mako »

English seems to be the "universal" language here so that the majority can gain from excellent questions like the ones you are posting. :-)
Different compensator settings so that you can fine tune for different ammo.
makofoto-at-earthlink.net.44471.44466
Mark

Re: Question for Francesco concerning CM84 Compensator

Post by Mark »

: English seems to be the "universal" language here so that the majority can gain from excellent questions like the ones you are posting. :-)
I don't believe English is Mr. Repich's mother tongue, so I was hoping to be able to clarify any points of question for him in another language, if necessary.
: Different compensator settings so that you can fine tune for different ammo.
I would assume this to be the case, but you know what happens when one makes assumptions. Mine are invariably wrong... I was hoping for a more definitive response from Francesco, both because he is the authority on Morini products, and because he is the gentleman who placed so much emphasis on having the compensator in the "right" place.
Rest assured, any info I obtain will be shared here for the benefit of all.

Cheers,
Mark.
PS: The CM84 is one fine free pistol. Makes me wonder why I didn't get one earlier... ;-)