Anschutz Sights

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

TJ

Anschutz Sights

Post by TJ »

Do small bore rifle sights work on air rifles?
Is there a Anschutz site for collectors or a resource that has info on all the sights Anschutz has produced?
Thanks.
shootingsports-at-ev1.net.44461.0
Michael Ray

Re: Anschutz Sights

Post by Michael Ray »

: Do small bore rifle sights work on air rifles?
Yes, if you mean Anschutz air rifles. Others usually have a different front sight dovetail; the rear is usually close enough.
: Is there a Anschutz site for collectors or a resource that has info on all the sights Anschutz has produced?
Not that I know of. They have not changed a great deal over the years. I think they only had the international set from the 1600 series rifles and further back. The 1800 and 1900 had 2 choices - match and international. Now there is the match and universal. There have been a few changes to the match and international in the last 4 decades.
pdeal

Re: Anschutz Sights

Post by pdeal »

I have used the old style rear sights on my air rifle with good success. The only thing that I think might be a problem over time is that the old international sights are steel and with the old type clamping they can drag a little on the dovetail when going on and off. I wonder if this would wear away the aluminum dovetail on the air rifle over time. I had thought that it would probably be best to use a riser block in this case so at least if it wears it is only the riser that is lost.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.44469.44465