Best Price on H&N Finale Match Pellets?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Michael

Best Price on H&N Finale Match Pellets?

Post by Michael »

I thought I might try some of these in my Morini CM162 EI Short as the test target that came with the gun looks mighty impressive, and it was shot with these pellets. Who has the best price on these?
M_A_P

Re: Best Price on H&N Finale Match Pellets?

Post by M_A_P »

Try in Poland -- http://republika.pl/stronggun/srut_1.html (It's ~6$)

mpasek-at-zone.pl.44387.44384
AD

Post by AD »

If you are buying Finale Match pellets for your Morini 162EI you should go in for the High Speed ones as the pistol has been tested with H&N Finale match High Speed pellets.
AD
akshaydashrath-at-yahoo.co.in.44392.44384
Michael

Post by Michael »

I should have specified...The best price in the good 'ole USA. Thanks anyway, but the shipping would eat up the savings, even if I could speak Polish.
: Try in Poland -- http://republika.pl/stronggun/srut_1.html (It's ~6$)

Rodm

Post by Rodm »

One of the problems here is that they are sold under several different names. Don Nygord has them under his own name, Beeman's match pellets, and then under H&N, and there may be more. Search the web under thoes names. you could check with Champions Choice and ask what their pellets are.

: I thought I might try some of these in my Morini CM162 EI Short as the test target that came with the gun looks mighty impressive, and it was shot with these pellets. Who has the best price on these?

ramadsen-at-iname.com.44395.44384
Michael

Post by Michael »

Thanks AD. I didn't know that. If I may be so bold, how did you find out that Morini uses H&N Finale Match High Speed pellets to test their CM162EI's?
: If you are buying Finale Match pellets for your Morini 162EI you should go in for the High Speed ones as the pistol has been tested with H&N Finale match High Speed pellets.
: AD

AD

Post by AD »

I used Finale Match(golden box) on my Morini(brand new) to test for velocity and it recorded a velocity of 435fps. Morini specify that there velocities are in the range of 492-508fps, so naturally I thought it was a problem and resest my velocity to 500fps after which I mailed Mr. Francesco at Morini who said that the test with Finale Match(blue) air pistol pellets which are the High Speed ones, you can check out the article I posted about this issue some time back.
http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/m ... 44272.html

David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: I used Finale Match(golden box) on my Morini(brand new) to test for velocity and it recorded a velocity of 435fps. Morini specify that there velocities are in the range of 492-508fps, so naturally I thought it was a problem and resest my velocity to 500fps after which I mailed Mr. Francesco at Morini who said that the test with Finale Match(blue) air pistol pellets which are the High Speed ones, you can check out the article I posted about this issue some time back.
Out of interest, why did you use the gold tin, which clearly shows a rifle, instead of the blue tin which clearly shows a pistol.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.44435.44420
Warren

Post by Warren »

: Out of interest, why did you use the gold tin, which clearly shows a rifle, instead of the blue tin which clearly shows a pistol.
I thought you were an old timer like me, David. Remember the good old days when the only match pellets we could get were .53 gram? Or were we even further from civilization down under than we thought? I was always under the impression the .50 gram, or pistol pellets, were developed for the single strokers - since they were often unable to get close to 400fps, the lighter pellets gave them another 15-20 fps and a marginally faster lock time. Most pre-charge guns, since they are doing over 500fps, really don't need the lighter pellets. Unless of course the particular pistol shows an inclination to like them.
I think that 435fps, even with heavies, is too slow. It needs to have the velocity tweaked a little, since changing to lights will only probably move it to 450 or so. Even a new gun will occasionally need such an adjustment if the hammer spring wears in quickly.
warren-at-pilkguns.com.44440.44435
David Levene

Post by David Levene »

: : Out of interest, why did you use the gold tin, which clearly shows a rifle, instead of the blue tin which clearly shows a pistol.
: I thought you were an old timer like me, David. Remember the good old days when the only match pellets we could get were .53 gram? Or were we even further from civilization down under than we thought? I was always under the impression the .50 gram, or pistol pellets, were developed for the single strokers - since they were often unable to get close to 400fps, the lighter pellets gave them another 15-20 fps and a marginally faster lock time. Most pre-charge guns, since they are doing over 500fps, really don't need the lighter pellets. Unless of course the particular pistol shows an inclination to like them.
I think you must be going back before my time Warren. I started shooting in 1980 but can remember that, even then, H&N offerred 2 types of match pellets. I would never have dreamed of using rifle pellets in a pistol. Mind you, I was not particularly drawn to air pistol until our UK legislation forced me to by taking away my Standard and Centre-Fire guns.
dalevene-at-blueyonder.co.uk.44443.44440
AD

Post by AD »

The air-pistol pellets are clearly labelled Finale Match High Speed and the air-rifle ones are labelled Finale Match. The Morini sample 5 shot target sheet says clearly H&N Finale Match 4.49 and NOT Finale Match High Speed pellets so I used H&N Finale Match as written on the sample sheet.
AD.