Air Rifle Silhouette

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Bob

Air Rifle Silhouette

Post by Bob »

Is anyone shooting air rifle silhouette. I'm interested in what the popular rifles are for this and possibly starting it at our club.
rjodoin-at-stny.rr.com.44403.0
DaveA

Re: Air Rifle Silhouette

Post by DaveA »

We have dabbled with it at my club. Any rifle that is suitable for field target will work. ( i.e deciently powered PCP and springers) However, you'll get the most interest if you run a "bring what you have" match and get everyone hooked before looking at specifics. I'd suggest a 18 f-lb and 6x scope mag limit to keep teh playing field level at first.

and : Is anyone shooting air rifle silhouette. I'm interested in what the popular rifles are for this and possibly starting it at our club.

E Kuney

Post by E Kuney »

We shoot monthly approved matches at our club just outside Ft Worth, TX and hold the TX state championships annually.
The favored rifles in target rifle class are any of the first-line PCP 10m guns from the major makers.
In sporter class (spring gun) it's the TX200.
In open class it's the Walther Dominator, the Anschutz 2025 or a modded Steyr -- usually a Zazadny(sp?) mod.
There are many, many other rifles that will do the job but these are the preferred units here.
Typical scope is the Leupold 6.5-20 or BRD24 with a 1/2 moa dot. The Bushnell 6-24 works well. (Better IMO in open than in target due to its limited adustment range and 1/8 moa clicks.) 36x and up are not really advantageous in the game but many use them.
We have resettable targets made by a local producer and they speed up the match and make it safer in that we don't need to have people forward of the line resetting.
You WILL get target damage if you allow the field target types to whang away with ultra-high velocity race guns, especially the .22 cals with the 16 gr pellets.
If I can be of help, contact me.
: Is anyone shooting air rifle silhouette. I'm interested in what the popular rifles are for this and possibly starting it at our club.

e27122002-at-yahoo.com.44426.44403
lucho

Post by lucho »

Check out this web site
http://www.sunnyvalegunclub.com/
: Is anyone shooting air rifle silhouette. I'm interested in what the popular rifles are for this and possibly starting it at our club.

Billy Lo

Post by Billy Lo »

: Is anyone shooting air rifle silhouette. I'm interested in what the popular rifles are for this and possibly starting it at our club."
DO IT! You will love it. We shoot rifle and pistol and its a ton of fun and new shooters are hooked the first time they try it. We have guys that shoot in all classes. Anywhere from FWB 300's can come out and shoot as well as any springer guns to the top of the line PCP race guns for FT. Its great fun. If you live out here in the Northeast we're lucky to have a few clubs within say 2hrs drive of NYC. Heres a link to the one I shoot at the most.
Good luck and dive in.

medbill-at-hvc.rr.com.44441.44403