USAS MEMBER ONLY

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

David

USAS MEMBER ONLY

Post by David »

Only USAS memeber can shot in national open? and if you are from other country can you shot in national open. How about in the local shooting compitition can i shot even im not a member of the USAS?.Cuz $35 is big amount to me. they should give special discount to the forigner. thanks
(Los Angeles)
Mako

Re: USAS MEMBER ONLY

Post by Mako »

Almost anyone can shoot at our National matches if they have range proficiently and decent scores.
email me ... and I can tell you about L.A. matches ... let me know what you shoot. There is a practice air pistol and rifle match this Sunday in Chino Hills ... $12.
Tomorrow night, air pistol/rifle practice in Anaheim ($3) ...
You can meet people who will tell you about small bore, bullseye shooting, etc.

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.44385.44380
Larry Lohkamp

Re: USAS MEMBER ONLY

Post by Larry Lohkamp »

You must be an individual member of USAS to compete in USAS sanctioned matches, including the national championship, if you are a resident of the US. It doesn't matter if you are a citizen or not. Foreigners who are not residents may compete if they are a member of their national governing body.

Rule 4.2.1 may give organizers a little wiggle room in whether you are defined as a resident, but if not you would then need to be a member of your native NGB.

Some clubs will let you shoot along with them at their matches as a guest. You would not be considered a competitor and would not be eligible for any awards.

The NRA also sanctions local and state matches. They require membership for registered matches, but not for approved matches.

My opinion is similar to yours about membership requirements. Granted that USAS membership should be required for National, regional, and state championships, selection matches and the US team, but if Joe Blow wants to give USAS $5 to shoot at a local club match, I think they should take the money and enjoy it.

: Only USAS memeber can shot in national open? and if you are from other country can you shot in national open. How about in the local shooting compitition can i shot even im not a member of the USAS?.Cuz $35 is big amount to me. they should give special discount to the forigner. thanks
: (Los Angeles)