rapid fire air pistol

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Bsquareng

Re: rapid fire air pistol

Post by Bsquareng »

I started this thread a couple of weeks ago because I really did want to know what happened to RF-AP. Since then I've spent a little time with a used CO2 auto loader. Fun, lots of fun, but hungry for pellets.

The other day I tried to take out a row of 5 iron chickens in 5 or 10 seconds; new magazine then the pigs; new magazine, now the turkeys, and finally those rams way out there. Well, I left a lot of them still standing, but maybe I'll do better the next time. Scoring was easy, gratification was instant, and the potenial for a contest to pay for the next round of suds was obvious. It was a lot of fun.

Walking back up the hill to find and reset the iron managerie made it clear why ranges don't like silhouette for safety reasons, but what about using Biathlon style flop down bulls? 32 millimeter bulls would be equivalent to the 9 ring on a B40 target and there would be room for 5 of them at 20 cm on centers in a 1 meter lane. Red and green lights for start and stop and electronic scoring with total time used as tie breaker should be easy and cheap to set up. I don't know what would be needed to catch shot pellets and minimize bounce-back, but the Biathlon folk must have figured out something.

Just a suggestion. Looking for comments and criticism from those of you who know a lot more about shooting and ranges and promoting something a little new than I do. I'd be quite willing to look into building a prototype target, if only for myself.
SlartyBartFast

Post by SlartyBartFast »

- Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory
- FAS SP607
ian hodgson

Post by ian hodgson »

I have shot Rapid Fire Air Pistol in France at the A.T.C.P.A Club and from my talks with the club members it appears to be shot in the French Championships.
They shoot Pistolet standard 10m (5 shots in 10 seconds for a total of 40shots) and Pistolets vitesse 10m a hit/no hit target (a total of 40 shots). It is fun.

The link http://www.atcpa-61.fr/ shows their set up in the photos of the club.
jerber

Post by jerber »

Why can they make a 5 shot pellet pistol version of a 22lr target pistol like the Pardini sp, Walther SSP,or the like?
Doesn't have to be too fancy just affordable
Rover

Post by Rover »

Twenty-five years or so ago, I had a CO2 Crosman (?) repeater. It was cheap.
Brian Girling

Post by Brian Girling »

Rover wrote:Twenty-five years or so ago, I had a CO2 Crosman (?) repeater. It was cheap.
About 35 years ago I had a Hammerli CO2 5 shot BB accurate at 10m but not much farther.
Bsquareng

Post by Bsquareng »

Sig Sauer offers the 320P, which was made for training on their 9mm version. It is CO2 powered and has a 20 round magazine (illegal? in CA). Goes for around $100.
northpaw

Post by northpaw »

Bsquareng wrote:Sig Sauer offers the 320P, which was made for training on their 9mm version. It is CO2 powered and has a 20 round magazine (illegal? in CA). Goes for around $100.
According to avilable information, the ingenious magazine holds 30 pellets. A belt inside the magazine housing carry the .177 pellets.
The 320 P is a full size gun, and it is not able to build it onto any existing Sig-Sauer 9 mm gun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOWszY9_yOo

Sig-Sauer offers another version of the CO2 powered (9 mm look-alike) pistol, the 250P
https://www.google.no/search?q=Sig+Saue ... qKeGV5eIsM:

Both guns are powered by a 12 gram CO2 cartridge.