Feinwerkbau 300 vs 600

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

John

Feinwerkbau 300 vs 600

Post by John »

I have the opportunity to buy one of these. Both are in mint condition and their price is OK. I will use this rifle for informal 10 meters target shooting. Any info that will help me to choose will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !
pdeal

Re: Feinwerkbau 300 vs 600

Post by pdeal »

I'd recommend the 600. I had one for a while and really liked it. I now have an ans 2002ca and a p70 and other than not having to cock the new ones my 600 was in the same league. The 300 is a generation before the 600.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.44356.44355
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

The decision would boil down to what you want to do with the gun that you choose. I have a 300 S Mini and shoot it 4 0r 5 times a week, at its inception it was considered one of the top line 10 meter guns. Ive always liked springers, since I dont have to depend on outside sources of power. The accuracy potential is far better than I am capable of,and its design allowes for no perception of recoill, with a wonderfull trigger, which on mine breakes at 3.5 ounces. It is indeed a dated design, since almost all serious competitive shooters are using PCP or SSP guns. High end springers like the 300 S are unfortunatley no longer made, although some nice ones are still to be found, and appreciated by those that have an eye for the quality and finish of the old guns. For informal shooting you couldnt go wrong with the 300.
: I have the opportunity to buy one of these. Both are in mint condition and their price is OK. I will use this rifle for informal 10 meters target shooting. Any info that will help me to choose will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

nthe10ring-at-aol.com.44357.44355
Gaines Blackwell

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

The 600, being a SSP has virtually no moving parts, a quicker lock time and would be the better gun to learn 10M shooting especially if you wish to shoot competitively. The 300S on the other hand is a mechanical marvel, beautifully crafted and very accurate...a collectors gun that is fun to shoot but obsolete in major shooting. Each are very fine in their own right but very different.
I would be very interested in buying the one you do not want, either one, if you would be so kind as to contact me by email...gtb
: I have the opportunity to buy one of these. Both are in mint condition and their price is OK. I will use this rifle for informal 10 meters target shooting. Any info that will help me to choose will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance !

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.44370.44355