Replacing Walther LP400 Club Black Grip With Walnut 3D

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
Scrench

Replacing Walther LP400 Club Black Grip With Walnut 3D

Post by Scrench »

I am upgrading the black ambidextrous synthetic grip on my Walther LP400 Carbon Club to a regular walnut 3D grip, but am told, according to the Rink website, that I will need a special fixing socket and lateral screw to install it. Now I know no one has one of these sitting around, but so far Rink is the only place I've found that has them, but they require an order value over 30 Euro to ship to the US. Does anyone know of somewhere else to get it? Walther has not responded to my messages.

Shown at the bottom of this page: https://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpSR.php? ... 400&p2=255

Thank You,
Scrench
Last edited by Scrench on Fri May 25, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m1963

Re: Need Fixing Socket and Screw for Walther LP400 Carbon Cl

Post by m1963 »

Greetings-

It is unclear from the post as to whether or not you are upgrading to a Rink grip, or a Walther grip. The Rink adapter is for Rink grips. Walther sells their own adapter, for their grips. If you are looking for the Walther adapter, it is part # 2787083. No idea if they might be interchangeable.

https://www.carl-walther.com/products/s ... 87083.html

You could try calling Walther competition-

Janet Raab
Director of Sales & Marketing for Competitive Shooting
Walther Arms, Inc.
479-242-8500 ext. 291
479-646-4206 fax
janet.raab@waltherarms.com
7700 Chad Colley Blvd, Fort Smith, AR 72916
www.WaltherCompetition.com

Good luck!
m1963
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

m1963,

It is a stock Walther grip. I did contact them first, and their reply only said: "That part number brings up a hinge but it is using the correct format for our parts." Most curious is that they did not give the right part number or any other information. It was the same number you gave me, the same one at Rink.

Thanks for the contact info!
Rover

Post by Rover »

Try Neal Stepp at ISS or Champions Choice.
Gwhite

Post by Gwhite »

Rover wrote:Try Neal Stepp at ISS or Champions Choice.
Larry's Guns in Maine may also have one.
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

Thanks for the input guys.

I haven't asked Neal yet, but CC suggested asking Walther, and Thomas Rink said I could get it through Larry's, since he ships monthly to him. Now I've got Janet at Walther on the case, so I'm sure it will all work out. The only thing we are trying to figure out is whether I need the small lateral adjusting screw or not. The Rink grips come with it, not so sure about the stock Walther grips yet.

If anyone else is thinking about performing this procedure on their Club version LP400, I'll let you know how this turns out.

Best Regards and Thanks Again!
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

I ordered one from Walther in the US.

if you look up the LP400 schematic you can find all the part #.

479-242-8500 ext 7

part #s

hopefully that is what you want.
jglenn

Post by jglenn »

when I ordered the grip it came with the side screw.

I ordered my grip from Champions choice.
Scrench

Post by Scrench »

The medium right-hand walnut 3D grip I got from Champion's Choice did come with the lateral screw already in the grip, so I only needed to get the socket and screw set from Walther, which cost $17. The Walther part number is 2787083 on their web site, but on their schematic for the LP400 the parts needed are part number 101, and that's what I ordered.

Super simple to put together because the sleeve the socket goes in is already in the grip, just pay attention to the order the additional spacer and washer go in, as pictured in the schematic. The wood grip also is about 60 grams lighter than the black synthetic grip, and now swivels horizontally and vertically. Although that black grip is undoubtedly the most versatile ambidextrous grip with the adjustable thumb shelf, and the fact that you can use LockTite WaterWeld to shape it any way you want, I'm very pleased to have a proper wooden grip that I can tune to my idiosyncrasies instead of me conforming to the grip in terms of rotation. I hope lining up my arm with my wrist, finger placement, and front and rear sights makes a noticeable improvement. I definitely recommend making the change if you have a Club LP400.

Scrench