Looking for SIG hammerli P240 magazines

A place to discuss non-discipline specific items, such as mental training, ammo needs, and issues regarding ISSF, USAS, and NRA

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

astigmat2000

Looking for SIG hammerli P240 magazines

Post by astigmat2000 »

Hello to all,
I'm looking for SIG Hammerli P240 magazines in .38 and .32.
They are available on the US market but only for local customers at gold price here http://www.larrysguns.com/Departments/P ... /P240.aspx
If you come accross some parts, thanks to contact me at jacques_stephan@hotmail.com (mind the underscore and not the hyphen)
Regards....
Jacques
machinist mike

Re: Looking for SIG hammerli P240 magazines

Post by machinist mike »

You MAY be able to use S&W M52 mags for the 38 spl,
Leon

Post by Leon »

Look on egun.de - they are often listed
astigmat2000

Post by astigmat2000 »

Hello,
In .38, here in Europe, it is possible to find magazine but not in cal .32SWL ...... I knocked all the doors I could, in Germany, Switzerland, France and no return for the moment....only Egun sometime but my German is very basic....the traduction system on the website is poor.
Friendly.
Jacques
Attachments
WP_20180309_13_56_29_Pro.jpg
Dr. Jim

Post by Dr. Jim »

Check with Sportec in Malmö Sweden, they often listed P240 parts in the past. Worth a check anyway.

Cheers Jim
astigmat2000

Post by astigmat2000 »

Thanks Jim, I will and let you know the result.
They have one P240 https://sportec.se/Produkter/Begagnade_ ... BEGP572203
I found magazines in .38 in Switzerland but not in .32....for the moment.
I'd like to contact people in Australia as well but didn't succeed until now.
Have a good weekend.
Cheers.
Jacques
Leon

Post by Leon »

I think you will discover that the cost of getting them out of Switzerland will far exceed the value of the item - 2 x 3 x easily..

BTW there are no mags for sale in Australia - long since disappeared as a stock item
Leon

Post by Leon »

Thinking about this further, this is what I would do -

Place a Wanted To Buy advert locally - i.e naturabuy.fr or letirsportif.com ( your best bet )

In the meantime,reach out to Larry's Guns and see if they could make an exception for you ( after all, they will be sending the mags to France, not North Korea )

If they say "yes", just pay the price. Their prices for these P240 mags are quite reasonable considering what they sell for in Europe.

If not, now is the time to ask any friends or relatives in the US to buy these on your behalf and then ship them to you. ( if you don't have any US based friends or relatives, maybe a US based targettalker could help? )

http://www.pescaffare.com/armi/armi-cor ... pw_i466677
astigmat2000

Post by astigmat2000 »

Hello friends,
I've eventually purchased a magazine in cal .38 in Switzerland. I paid it with the shipping 172 CHF that is one per one with the US$. As the shop is in Geneva, the guy posted it directly in France, just the other side of the border, therefore I avoided the French customs tax.
The problem, now, is the same magazine but in .32 and I have nobody in the USA to buy for me at Larry's.
BTW Larry's confirmed that he doesn't sell overseas....here is his response to my email:
"Jacques,
We cannot ship out of the country. If you have someone in the states to purchase for you, they are not as strict on individuals when it comes to overseas shipping or taking overseas in baggage.
Larry"

Greetings from France.
Jacques
Leon

Post by Leon »

Have you placed a Wanted To Buy advert in those French sites I mentioned? This is still your best option ...

I also placed a link to an Italian seller of a P240 .32 mag....
astigmat2000

Post by astigmat2000 »

Hi Leon,
I followed the link you gave me and I found that magazine but it is difficult to exchange with the owner. I am not fluent in Italian and, as well as you, I left a message to know whether the magazine is still available. I'm not sure to have reached the very person....
I check Naturabuy and others quite often and Egun but nothing available at the moment.
This is the forum where I buy, sell and find most of my shooting stuff: http://paaf2.frenchboard.com if you understand French...
Have a good day.
Jacques
astigmat2000

Post by astigmat2000 »

Hello to all,
I've a good friend who found what I was looking for and my search is now solved.
Many thanks.
Greetings from Brittany.
Jacques