Anschutz 1903 trigger advice

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

CAB308

Anschutz 1903 trigger advice

Post by CAB308 »

Gang,
I'm having a lot of trouble with the overtravel on my 1903 trigger. I can actually see my sights jump as the shot is broken due to my trigger finger moving the 1/2" back to the end of the trigger travel. Is there any way to prevent this other than putting a stop screw in the trigger guard? Looking for options here.
Thanks,
CAB308
cabaldwin-at-mindspring.com.44266.0
Dan

Re: Anschutz 1903 trigger advice

Post by Dan »

: I'm having a lot of trouble with the overtravel on my 1903 trigger. I can actually see my sights jump as the shot is broken due to my trigger finger moving the 1/2" back to the end of the trigger travel. Is there any way to prevent this other than putting a stop screw in the trigger guard? Looking for options here.
I don't think a stop screw will help much. With my 1903, I also often have the trigger move all the way to the rear after the shot breaks (it seems almost inevitable with the trigger weight of this action), but my sights don't jump the way you describe. You may need to be more gentle when taking a shot. Or perhaps try putting a small piece of foam rubber behind the trigger?

DaveA

Re: Anschutz 1903 trigger advice

Post by DaveA »

I have a 1903 and don't have the problem either. However, I have found that a mechanical pencil erasor , superglued on end to the inside rear of the guard and then emory boarded to height makes a great stigger stop that isn't too ugly either.
hth

: : I'm having a lot of trouble with the overtravel on my 1903 trigger. I can actually see my sights jump as the shot is broken due to my trigger finger moving the 1/2" back to the end of the trigger travel. Is there any way to prevent this other than putting a stop screw in the trigger guard? Looking for options here.
: I don't think a stop screw will help much. With my 1903, I also often have the trigger move all the way to the rear after the shot breaks (it seems almost inevitable with the trigger weight of this action), but my sights don't jump the way you describe. You may need to be more gentle when taking a shot. Or perhaps try putting a small piece of foam rubber behind the trigger?