MG-1 match air pistol

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

nano46M

MG-1 match air pistol

Post by nano46M »

Hi:
I wanto to know about the Match Guns MG-1 Pistol, the price is low in comparison with the other elite guns.
is it of low quality?
can it compare with K-11?
Thank you
ezamora-at-fps.gov.bo.44260.0
Paul

Re: MG-1 match air pistol

Post by Paul »

Well, it shouldn't be of lower quality than the K11, because it's the same gun. And the MG2 seems to be pretty good for a Morini made - gun, so why not?
pkuemin-at-gmx.net.44289.44260
Matvei

Post by Matvei »

I want to point out, that MG11 even though looks the same as K11 they are made by two different companies. K11 is a swiss made (SAM Swiss Arms manufacturing Co.), and MG1 comes from Cesare's new Parma, Italy locating plant. The guns themselves are very similar, but perhaps not quite the same, even though I heard lately that many of their parts are interchangeable.
Actually MG stand for Match Guns, See www.matchguns.com, and see what Cesare has in his mind for this and fortcoming years.
(If you see the baby, you know the father)

: Well, it shouldn't be of lower quality than the K11, because it's the same gun. And the MG2 seems to be pretty good for a Morini made - gun, so why not?

Matti_Tarvainen-at-hotmail.com.44299.44289
Paul

Post by Paul »

You can point as long as you want, I know of Cesare, I personally know the guys at SAM, I've seen both guns. It's the same pistol, probably(!) with just enough small changes to get around copyright laws, if there are any in Italy. The SAM guys say that whole boxes of parts went missing when CM took his leave there - go figure yourself, even if you don't want to take a side, which I don't. I know they are not made by the same company, I can read, thank you very much. I own a MG2, serial number under 40, already with some Cesare made evolution parts. And beside, Cesare has lots of things on his mind, and many (if not most) of them never get beyond that stage. Don't believe that? Ever heard of the CM122E, the CM140E, the 142E and so forth? You can forget about the MG3 RFP, 'cause the market's gonna die, and you can forget about the MG4 .32, 'cause if you know the .22, you know that this construction would fall apart under the heavier recoil. Beside that, the .32 is too big. The FP could be good, though. Let's see and wait. I really like Cesare, but he's no messias, so don't believe everything he writes.
pkuemin-at-gmx.net.44309.44299