Loosing stability without feeling tired

If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true

Moderators: pilkguns, m1963, David Levene, Spencer, Richard H

Forum rules
If you wish to make a donation to this forum's operation , it would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/targettalk?yours=true
amarinder

Loosing stability without feeling tired

Post by amarinder »

Though my first couple of series are good, smooth and easy. But after that my lowering of arm and aiming area hold become slightly disorientated though I dont feel tired but the shoulder and wrist lock just is not there.

How to improve upon this.
Leadbelly

Re: Loosing stability without feeling tired

Post by Leadbelly »

Great question. I have the same problem.
WAITING FOR ALL YOU EXPERTS TO GIVE US ANSWERS.
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

though I dont feel tired but the shoulder and wrist lock just is not there.
You may not "feel" tired, but your body is telling you that certain muscles are tiring. Shooting is an endurance sport, so endurance training is needed. Not only specific muscles used to raise and hold the gun, but legs and especially core muscles.

Talk to a fitness coach/trainer about specific training ideas.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Your two shoulder blade muscles are linked.

Round up one as a "strap" to stabilize the other.
Leadbelly

Post by Leadbelly »

seamaster wrote:Your two shoulder blade muscles are linked.

Round up one as a "strap" to stabilize the other.
Explain what you mean.
SamEEE

Post by SamEEE »

It's pretty hard for me to give much feedback on the information you have provided, but I will give some general tips. If you post some video either here or via DM/email I will have a look.

Low blood sugar will cause the described symptoms. Hand full of dates half-hour before shooting will help. Graze while you shoot, it's a big chunk of time to go without food or water.

Also dehydration will cause this, specifically your eyes not seeing well. They are one of the first things to crap out when you run low on water.

You can also improve physiological response to stress with a strengthened cardio-vascular system. The fitter you are, the better the body can deal with stress.... or so I read.

It's not your hold necessarily, even with a shitty hold most of the time a 9 is possible. Watch the front sight, and follow through.
Image Image
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

My first question would be to ask what age group are you in ?
amarinder

Post by amarinder »

deadeyedick wrote:My first question would be to ask what age group are you in ?
I am in 28. Been shooting for 5 years now. I am in 570 range.
Rover

Post by Rover »

"Also dehydration will cause this, specifically your eyes not seeing well. They are one of the first things to crap out when you run low on water."

Living in the desert, I can sure identify with the above. Also drying of the eyeball itself. Another thing I noted while shooting at 6,000ft Colorado Springs, is what I called "eyeball fade". This was caused by the more rapid depletion of oxygen in the eye.
gravetpo

Post by gravetpo »

I am in 570 range.
570? You should be giving the advice!
deadeyedick

Post by deadeyedick »

I am in 570 range.

570? You should be giving the advice!
....Right around Olympic qualifying.

With all due respect I probably wouldn’t change anything !
Amati

Post by Amati »

In another discipline I had similar issues and what helped was to take slow three-stage diaphragm breaths in order to release all the residual quantity of carbon-dioxide and maintain a high amount of oxygen. Doing this for at least 15 minutes before the start of the event is important.
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Take three small breaths on top of your lung capacity. That would keep your upper alveoli open.

Small breaths, no big breaths. One big breath is o.k.. Three BIG breaths, you drop your CO2, you cerebral vasoconstrict, decrease cerebral blood perfusion. You might get light headed.

Three small breaths on top of a fully expanded lung is good. But don't hyperventilate. Most people can comfortably hold their breaths for 30 seconds. There really is no need to hyperventilate to decrease CO2 for intentional apnea.

But do take small breath on top of your full lung capacity to keep those upper lung alveoli open. Buy you much more time before your oxygen saturation start to drop.
amarinder

Post by amarinder »

seamaster wrote:Take three small breaths on top of your lung capacity. That would keep your upper alveoli open.

Small breaths, no big breaths. One big breath is o.k.. Three BIG breaths, you drop your CO2, you cerebral vasoconstrict, decrease cerebral blood perfusion. You might get light headed.

Three small breaths on top of a fully expanded lung is good. But don't hyperventilate. Most people can comfortably hold their breaths for 30 seconds. There really is no need to hyperventilate to decrease CO2 for intentional apnea.

But do take small breath on top of your full lung capacity to keep those upper lung alveoli open. Buy you much more time before your oxygen saturation start to drop.
Small breath on top of lung capacity? You mean, I need to fill my lung to max. then further take there small breaths after this?
seamaster

Post by seamaster »

Then let air calmly, slowly out to its natural static state.

Inhale too much, there is an urge to exhale; exhale too much, there is an urge to inhale.