right hand falls asleep

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

DW

right hand falls asleep

Post by DW »

I am a righthanded smallbore prone shooter.I find that my right hand will fall asleep during shooting.I can understand why my left does but why the right hand.Any thoughts or ideas that could be causing this would be appreciated.
dbugszy-at-bellsouth.net.44132.0
Bill Poole

Re: right hand falls asleep

Post by Bill Poole »

pinching a nerve in the elbow?
Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
bill-at-poole.com.44133.44132
jim

Post by jim »

: Stock may be too short and the angle of the wrist is too accute.
Bob Riegl

Post by Bob Riegl »

Ah the Ole Smallbore Coach arises from his sleep---yep that's what you have is a pinching of a nerve somewhere either in that elbow area or wrist area---look at the way your jacket is pressing on your elbow-specially on the sides of the elbow---also--what is the angle of your right wrist on the stock---do you have a thumbhole stock or standard? Commonly with thumbhole stocks you can also cut off proper circulation to your hand by too acute an angle dictated by the hand rest. Another way to alleviate this pinching is to vary the angle of your grip on the stock by moving your right elbow in or out from the plane of the stock.
greg

Post by greg »

: I am a righthanded smallbore prone shooter.I find that my right hand will fall asleep during shooting.I can understand why my left does but why the right hand.Any thoughts or ideas that could be causing this would be appreciated.
> unnatural wrist angle may reduce circulation, also, pay attention to your R shoulder joint i.e. upper arm angle - in extremely flat prone position it can result not only in decreased blood flow, but with sufficient training time in serious shoulder disfunction
gmsych-at-hotmail.com.44159.44132
Dan

Post by Dan »

Joe Matusic, MD

good ideas, more....

Post by Joe Matusic, MD »

greg

Post by greg »