Hammerli Trailside - any thoughts on this gun

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Dave Simons

Hammerli Trailside - any thoughts on this gun

Post by Dave Simons »

I have been looking at the IZH 35 and the Hammerli Trailside for a backup gun for bullseye shooting. I have read quite a bit on this board about the IZH and don't if I am ready for it's quirks so I am leaning toward the Hammerli. I have not seen much on the Hammerli good or bad. I would appreciate any thoughts on this gun.
Thanks
Dave
PS: I am currently using a High Standard I am happy with but am looking for a second gun (something different).
dave-at-ipaddle.net.44114.0
Jack

Re: Hammerli Trailside - any thoughts on this gun

Post by Jack »

: I have been looking at the IZH 35 and the Hammerli Trailside for a backup gun for bullseye shooting........

I think both these guns have issues. However the Hammerli probably has a better chance of service through someone like www.larrysguns.com.
Second however, in my opinion, the Trailside is so light compared to your High Standard, that could be a big problem. It just seems so small and light.
You will have to add the available trigger refinements and a good grip to the TS. Barrel weights can be added, but it was my experience that the weight needs to be added in the grip as well. I explored doing that, but sold out of the TS business in the end.
Maybe you should consider the SW41 or Pardini.
hamden106-at-yahoo.com.44116.44114
Mako

you get what yo pay for .... :-( nt.

Post by Mako »

: : I have been looking at the IZH 35 and the Hammerli Trailside for a backup gun for bullseye shooting........
:
: I think both these guns have issues. However the Hammerli probably has a better chance of service through someone like www.larrysguns.com.
: Second however, in my opinion, the Trailside is so light compared to your High Standard, that could be a big problem. It just seems so small and light.
: You will have to add the available trigger refinements and a good grip to the TS. Barrel weights can be added, but it was my experience that the weight needs to be added in the grip as well. I explored doing that, but sold out of the TS business in the end.
: Maybe you should consider the SW41 or Pardini.

DaveA

Post by DaveA »

You might look over at www.rimfirecentral.com The trailside is discussed regularly over there. hth
: I have been looking at the IZH 35 and the Hammerli Trailside for a backup gun for bullseye shooting. I have read quite a bit on this board about the IZH and don't if I am ready for it's quirks so I am leaning toward the Hammerli. I have not seen much on the Hammerli good or bad. I would appreciate any thoughts on this gun.
: Thanks
: Dave
: PS: I am currently using a High Standard I am happy with but am looking for a second gun (something different).

scott

Post by scott »

Get another HS, just like your match gun. Why would you want to have a backup gun with a totally different weight, balance, feel, grip, trigger, etc., that you would have to re-adjust to in the heat of competition if your match gun ever breaks?
You just pull your match grips off the broken HS gun, maybe pull the barrel and optics off too, slap them on the HS backup frame and get back into the game.
Keep it simple...
Scott
submoa-at-aol.com.44155.44114