IZH-35- What Parts Come With It?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry

IZH-35- What Parts Come With It?

Post by Jerry »

After skulking in the background, and reading all the posts that I could find on the gun, I decided to take the plunge when I found one in a local gun store for $390.00 new. Its a new gun , but is an 02, guns like this are not much of a mover in my area. There is a range there at the store, so I bought a box of Eley Club, and holding my breath, hoping for one of those guns you hear about that never have any problems, I loaded her up and proceded to fire away. Om sorry to say this was not to be the case. I shot the box of Eley Club, and on about the 40th round, it doubled , once. I finished the 50 rounds, and it didnt do it again. The gun was just as I purchased it, and it does seem dry, the bore was bright and shiny, and very clean though. Im gonna take it apart and clean it thourghly, and see what happens. I really want to like the gun, it points great, though the grips need a little work to fit properly. The trigger was very smooth, thoughI would like it a little lighter. I think im going shoot a brick through it before i start adjusting anything.
As to the parts that come with the gun. In all the posts, I read of all the goodies that come with it, such as extra springs,sear, and firing pin. I was dissappointed (should have checked ) but after getting home, and going thru the rub it-feel it ritual we all go through with new guns, I discovered that these parts were not with my gun. It came with a cleaning rod,brush, multitool-screwsriver, drift pin, the adapter plate for mounting sights, two mags, and the ever present trigger lock, which i would galdly trade for the working parts that others have mentioned.
Have they quit sending the spare springs, sear and firing pin, or did I get one that the boys on the line, went to lunch and forgot. If so, and I cant get EAA to send them, what would u suggest as a spare parts kit, and would appreciate some idea of the cost of same. Ive rambled on a bit here, but would appreciate any info that you would care to share.
Thanks
Jerry
nthe10ring-at-aol.com.44104.0
TomF

Re: IZH-35- What Parts Come With It?

Post by TomF »

I was told by another shooter that EAA takes the parts out because spares are so hard to get.
My gun is an 02 also and it did not have the parts and I too was disappointed.
I called EAA and they were very terse and said that they no longer come with spares because they were too expensive to give away. But he did not admit that they took them out.
: After skulking in the background, and reading all the posts that I could find on the gun, I decided to take the plunge when I found one in a local gun store for $390.00 new. Its a new gun , but is an 02, guns like this are not much of a mover in my area. There is a range there at the store, so I bought a box of Eley Club, and holding my breath, hoping for one of those guns you hear about that never have any problems, I loaded her up and proceded to fire away. Om sorry to say this was not to be the case. I shot the box of Eley Club, and on about the 40th round, it doubled , once. I finished the 50 rounds, and it didnt do it again. The gun was just as I purchased it, and it does seem dry, the bore was bright and shiny, and very clean though. Im gonna take it apart and clean it thourghly, and see what happens. I really want to like the gun, it points great, though the grips need a little work to fit properly. The trigger was very smooth, thoughI would like it a little lighter. I think im going shoot a brick through it before i start adjusting anything.
: As to the parts that come with the gun. In all the posts, I read of all the goodies that come with it, such as extra springs,sear, and firing pin. I was dissappointed (should have checked ) but after getting home, and going thru the rub it-feel it ritual we all go through with new guns, I discovered that these parts were not with my gun. It came with a cleaning rod,brush, multitool-screwsriver, drift pin, the adapter plate for mounting sights, two mags, and the ever present trigger lock, which i would galdly trade for the working parts that others have mentioned.
: Have they quit sending the spare springs, sear and firing pin, or did I get one that the boys on the line, went to lunch and forgot. If so, and I cant get EAA to send them, what would u suggest as a spare parts kit, and would appreciate some idea of the cost of same. Ive rambled on a bit here, but would appreciate any info that you would care to share.
: Thanks
: Jerry

shootingsports-at-ev1.net.44108.44104
Steve

Re: IZH-35- What Parts Come With It?

Post by Steve »

Mine didn't come with spare parts either. If it makes you feel any better I tried to remove the secondary sear to polish it and couldn't drive the pivot pin out. So I couldn't replace it even if I had a spare.
Steve
tenex-at-sbcglobal.net.44123.44108