Walther LG 300 cylider stuck fast in gun

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

DSJ

Walther LG 300 cylider stuck fast in gun

Post by DSJ »

I own a Walther LG300. THe cylider has stuck fast in the gun and I cannot seem to un-screw it. What should I do? A friend of mine had the same problem with his LP300 and un-screwed the cylinder with brute force which I am unable to do.
Thanks,
DSJ
dhiru84-at-sify.com.44082.0
Rob

Re: Walther LG 300 cylider stuck fast in gun

Post by Rob »

I do not have the answer to your question, but instead a question for you. I am looking for a 10M rifle and I am considering the LG 300 as one of my chices. Aside fromthe stuck cylinder, how do you like the gun? What sights do you use? How is the firing behaior (does it have a stabilizer?)? Any other info Would be apreciated.
Thanks
Rob

rheverly-at-chilitech.net.44084.44082
LesJ

Post by LesJ »

Your problem ( if I understand correctly) is not limited only to your brand of rifle. I don't know what material threads are made out of in the cylinder and mating threads in your rifle. Whatever metal they are made out of (BTW aluminum to aluminum is probably the worst combination), they require cleaning and lubricating (check privies messages on the subject on air cylinders lubricant).
You are going to be better off sending it to good air gunsmith who carry Walther parts, because even if you can force the air cylinder loose without damaging something else, the threads are already damage and most likely needs to be replaced (parts of gun and air cylinder containing threads).
Sometimes you can put lubricant on damaged threads and make them work, but you will never know when they will lock up again ( day before important match?).

Mako

he forgot to mention ...

Post by Mako »

That he lives and shoots in India ... where they seem to have unusually high corrosion problems. Screws start to rust in a few days without constant oiling. :-(
They also don't have good gunsmiths on every corner ... or perhaps any corners ...
And it's very difficult to get guns of any type in and out of customs ...
And they don't seem to have a good source for different types of lubricants ...
I wonder if a "dry lube" would help them ?
In general, air cylinders don't have to be put on tightly ... easy to over tighten. My Walther likes a very light touch when removing or replacing ...

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.44115.44082
pilkguns

Post by pilkguns »

first I would shoot all the air out of the cylinder to relieve any chance the air helping lock it in. thne taking the action out the stock, and then try to carefully wiht somethinng that holds the end of the cylinder tightly and securely, i.e, will not slip ,,,,,try to turn it out.
LesJ

Re: he forgot to mention ...

Post by LesJ »

That's a whole lot different game. It just show how spoiled we are.
BobZ

Post by BobZ »

: first I would shoot all the air out of the cylinder to relieve any chance the air helping lock it in. thne taking the action out the stock, and then try to carefully wiht somethinng that holds the end of the cylinder tightly and securely, i.e, will not slip ,,,,,try to turn it out.
In order to get a good grip on the cylinder I believe that one of the strap wrenches as sold by Sears would work,both to hold and turn the cylinder.

rzovinka-at-hvc.rr.com.44120.44118
DSJ

Post by DSJ »

: I do not have the answer to your question, but instead a question for you. I am looking for a 10M rifle and I am considering the LG 300 as one of my chices. Aside fromthe stuck cylinder, how do you like the gun? What sights do you use? How is the firing behaior (does it have a stabilizer?)? Any other info Would be apreciated.
: Thanks
: Rob
Actually I just bought this rifle about 10 months back and am really satisfied with it. This is the first problem I've got with this rifle and dont intend to sell it anytime soon.
Sorry Rob,
DSJ