Stuck pellets in 8001

Moderators: pilkguns, Marcus, m1963, David Levene, Spencer

Ranb

Stuck pellets in 8001

Post by Ranb »

A shooter at practice had an occasional habit of not screwing in the air cylinder all the way on her 8001. Tonight she did it again and got the usual "click" sound. After she properly tightened the cylinder, she did not check the bore clear and loaded another pellet. After pulling the trigger she told me she got two pellets stuck in the bore. Pushing a CBI into the barrel told me they were stuck near the muzzle end.

Not wanting to disassemble the action to push the pellets out towards the muzzle, I coated one of my barrel cleaning electrodes with tape and gently pushed the pellets out the chamber; they slide easily after an initial firm push. The back pellet was jammed into the front one. Looking down the bore with a flashlight shows no damage. I'll test the rifle with a scope this weekend to ensure it still puts ten pellets into a single 6mm hole.

Packrat1947

Re: Stuck pellets in 8001

Post by Packrat1947 »

Back in my divorcee apartment-rat days, I used to do some stop action photography. This was with a S&W model 76 ? C02 gun.

I used a borrowed Speedgraphic press camera with Polaroid adapter. A small Honeywell strobe was triggered by the two wires at the muzzle.

Anyhow, I once accidentally loaded two pellets and fired them. I used to split pellets on knife blades and all the other interesting things to do. This was about 1977. http://www.pbase.com/packrat/image/1738673.jpg

I know this has nothing to do with your current situation. But thought I would post it anyhow. Perhaps others will post their double-pellet shots too.
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, ....but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain Notebook, 1894
Pat McCoy

Post by Pat McCoy »

We keep a 1/8" brazing rod in the vault at our club, just to take care of such stuck pellet problems.
Pirsqard

Post by Pirsqard »

Packrat1947 wrote:Back in my divorcee apartment-rat days, I used to do some stop action photography. This was with a S&W model 76 ? C02 gun.

I used a borrowed Speedgraphic press camera with Polaroid adapter. A small Honeywell strobe was triggered by the two wires at the muzzle.

Anyhow, I once accidentally loaded two pellets and fired them. I used to split pellets on knife blades and all the other interesting things to do. This was about 1977. http://www.pbase.com/packrat/image/1738673.jpg

I know this has nothing to do with your current situation. But thought I would post it anyhow. Perhaps others will post their double-pellet shots too.

Very cool picture; please post some more. Love to see them.
Packrat1947

Post by Packrat1947 »

Try this link. I'm going to be out of town for a week.

http://www.pbase.com/packrat/pellet_stopping

This was crude but effective. I eventually bought a "sound slave" to trip the small Honeywell. Both methods worked perfectly.
If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, ....but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain Notebook, 1894