ge

eley european practice

Post by ge »

has any body tried this ammo
Don

Re: eley european practice

Post by Don »

: has any body tried this ammo
I have in the past used the Practice 100 and Club, and in my older model Anshutz, they worked just great. This was especially nice, considering the price compared to the other Eley brands. It shot every bit as well as the black box or the Tenex in my rifle. May not work as well in yours, but in mine, gangbusters.

Lonnie

Post by Lonnie »

Lots have a wide range of accuracy potential. I shoot only pistols and test them at 50 yards. I need 1.5 inches or better for group size. Consequently, Eley Practice (white box) got there only with two lot numbers in eight I've tested. The unacceptable ones (for my application) either had good groups with wild fliers or just shotgun looking groups (mostly). It all shoots and is adequate for 25 yards/meters. I gave up on trying to find good lot numbers and switched to Mexican Eley (Aguila std vel) for practice stuff. For matches, nothing beats Eley red in any firearm I've ever owned.
lonniemeyers-at-hotmail.com.43950.43948
Joacim

Post by Joacim »

I have used in my rifle (2013) and it has better accuracy than expected. It is my choice for match ammo for 50ft, and its great for 50 m practice too. It could probably shoot 590 in prone from 50 m so its not a bad ammo, it might just have one or two shots that gets outside the normal group.
Joacim