Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

gr

aguila ammo

Post by gr »

need feed back on aguila 22,the standard vel...how about the 22 match
Questor

Re: aguila ammo

Post by Questor »

I use SV. Great stuff. Very reliable in my Pardini except in cold weather. When cold it does not feed reliably, so I put a drop of oil on the top round in the magazine and then it's reliable again. Shoots to same point of impact as Eley in my gun. I still prefer Eley for important matches.

W. Young

Post by W. Young »

I bought a case of the SE on the advice of Mr. Derr. I've gone through about 4 bricks and it has been completely reliable and feels consistant shot to shot.
wallyis-at-budweiser.com.43932.43920
Lonnie

Post by Lonnie »

The standard velocity is awesome for the price! On my second case/lot number, shoots as accurate as Eley Pistol Match in both of my S&W 41 pistols (1.5 inches at 50 yards), reliable, waxier, dirtier burn. I clean the gun and the mags a little more often but only spend $100 a case compared to $600. The pistol match is exactly as accurate (in my guns) but less powerful. Since it won't reliably feed my autos I use it for free pistol. Remember I have Smith 41's. European guns would probably love the pistol match as long as cleanliness was addressed.

lonniemeyers-at-hotmail.com.43952.43920
Wee Hooker

Post by Wee Hooker »

I love the stuff. I bought an assortment of Aguila SE/ match to feed my SP after several respectable bits of advice were recieved from other match shooters. ( I was running out of ammo for my 1903 Anshutz so figured I'd try it there as well. ) Experiments show that it shoots as well as Eley Club in my guns. ( 9 in one hole @ 50 yds w 1 flyer in a Anshutz 1903the rifle): Furthermore, @ 65 cents vs $6/ box, its a great value. Cycling in even a new SP was flawless (so far.) I tried the Pistol Match but got more muzzle flash and no more measurable accuracy so didn't get any more. Lastly, allot of the guys in my local league are now shooting the sub sonic ( Purple vs blue lable) . Seems like the same accuracy ( or very close anyway) as the std w a litle less muzzle jump. Function again seems flawless up/ down the fireing line. BTW, I even tried the HV ( green lable) for Silhouette . Not quite the accuracy in my rifles but still shoots as good as most stuff costing 5x as much.
I'm on my third order ( 5 cases ) and see no reason to look any further untill I get to the point where those last 2-3 points are going to make me top dog.
hth
FWIW, Advertized muzzle velocities are 1025 SubS, 1135 Std V, 1250 HV but I havn't chrono'd any of it yet.
need feed back on aguila 22,the standard vel...how about the 22 match

.22 guy

Who sells it? (nt)

Post by .22 guy »

: need feed back on aguila 22,the standard vel...how about the 22 match

C.S. Richardson

Re: Who sells it? - URL

Post by C.S. Richardson »

: : need feed back on aguila 22,the standard vel...how about the 22 match
It's been a few months, but the best price I found was at:

http://www.coledistributing.com/

mimmp-at-castlegate.net.44006.43991