New 9003 flyer

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Val

New 9003 flyer

Post by Val »

http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/file.php?id=572
It looks like Anschutz has taken the path of using a stabilizer.
Why do they have to make every subsequent model uglier than the previous one? And "the stickers" man! - that gets the "Cheapest marketing trick of the year" award.
Roger

Re: New 9003 flyer

Post by Roger »

and with all top shooters going back to wood, why do the still make it a metal stock?
: Why do they have to make every subsequent model uglier than the previous one? And "the stickers" man! - that gets the "Cheapest marketing trick of the year" award.

LesJ

Why are top shooters going back to wooden stocks?

Post by LesJ »

I am not rifle shooter- any more, but I started out with air rifle and at that time aluminum stock was the thing to go .
I just wonder why are top shooters going back to wooden stocks?
Bill Poole

Post by Bill Poole »

WOW!!
I need to get one, especially so I can put those really cool stickers on the side!
I probly can't shoot real good but I like guns that look neat!
Poole
http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/
bill-at-poole.com.43612.43594
Mac

Post by Mac »

: and with all top shooters going back to wood, why do the still make it a metal stock?
What makes you think the top shooters are going back to wood? I haven't seen any evidence of that yet.

Emmons

Re: Why are top shooters going back to wooden stocks?

Post by Emmons »

I wouldn't necessarily say the top shooters are going back to wood. Jozef Gonci shot an aluminum airgun for a bit, but I believe he is back to his wood stock now. Rajmond Debevec is still shooting his aluminum airgun, but he talked about going back to his wood one. It's not that the wood is any better or worse, it's just what feels good to the shooter. Some people find it easier to adjust to the aluminum stocks, other don't. Personally, I like the wood stock, but mainly that's because it feels good and I don't feel like taking the time to completely adjust to a new aluminum one. I tried it once for a few months, but didn't have much success with it.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Anybody ave a price on these yet and when they might be available?
: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/file.php?id=572
: It looks like Anschutz has taken the path of using a stabilizer.
: Why do they have to make every subsequent model uglier than the previous one? And "the stickers" man! - that gets the "Cheapest marketing trick of the year" award.

pilkguns

sometime next year for both questions.... that's all we know

Post by pilkguns »

: Anybody ave a price on these yet and when they might be available?
: : http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/file.php?id=572
: : It looks like Anschutz has taken the path of using a stabilizer.
: : Why do they have to make every subsequent model uglier than the previous one? And "the stickers" man! - that gets the "Cheapest marketing trick of the year" award.

Grant

gonci shoots an alu stock.. for your info

Post by Grant »

gonci shoots an alu stock.. for your info

That is anecdotal evidenc

Percentages is the way to go (nt)

Post by That is anecdotal evidenc »

: gonci shoots an alu stock.. for your info

A TT regular

Re: Hey Grant...

Post by A TT regular »

: gonci shoots an alu stock.. for your info

Hey Grant, he did say "but I believe he is back to his wood stock now".
The "for your info" part sounds like you are challenging his statement.
I for one appreciate hearing from shooters at the level of Mr. Emmons, and don't think your comment was needed.
A TT regular

Matt

Post by Matt »

TT Regular, thanks for the defense. Just tryin' to help the conversation, but can't make everyone happy. Take care and good shooting,
Matt

DonC

You are right about UGLY...

Post by DonC »

: http://jga.anschuetz-sport.com/file.php?id=572
: It looks like Anschutz has taken the path of using a stabilizer.
I'm sooo glad I recently bought the 2025 Model. I shoots just great.
dcarkhuff-at-hotmail.com.43827.43594
Grant

Post by Grant »

well, nothing personal about emmons. i am just placing facts....and well i dont need to worship him, he is no God!
i know what i am saying and its my wish.
: TT Regular, thanks for the defense. Just tryin' to help the conversation, but can't make everyone happy. Take care and good shooting,
: Matt

A TT regular

Post by A TT regular »

: well, nothing personal about emmons. i am just placing facts....and well i dont need to worship him, he is no God!

Your recent comment is as tactless as your original.
Respect, not worship. When was the last time you won a World Championship?

A TT regular

SMH

Anschutz 9003 Price and Comments

Post by SMH »

I just checked Keuchen.de and found a price for the new 9003 listed at 1725 euros. I really hope that is just the manufacturers suggested retail price and the actually prices will be lower.
Despite the comments on appearance and stickers (I don't prefer these either), I am really looking forward to seeing the new 9003. The features I'm interested in are: the internal stabilizer, the dry fire mechanism, the adjustable height forearm, pro grip material, additional weights near the buttplate, and new trigger unit/trigger blade (though I hope it still has at least the adjustability of the current 5018 with all the adjustments). It will be interesting to see how heavily the Steyr acquisition has played into these new features.

smhagger-at-ticon.net.43863.43594
GRANT

Post by GRANT »

respect him or not, is my wish...
u need not impose..
and by the way why are u scared to reveal yr identity??

A TT regular

Post by A TT regular »

: respect him or not, is my wish...
: u need not impose..
: and by the way why are u scared to reveal yr identity??

Hey Grant,

Certainly, exercise your wish...
I appreciate one of the top shooters in the U.S taking the time to post on TT. He obviously knows what is what in the Big Picture. I value the opinion of someone that can compete against people like Debevec and Gonci.
Matt didn't state it as fact, just that he believed that is what he was now using. The "for your info" part sounded sarcastic, no matter who's post you were commenting on.
What is your experience with Gonci that makes you think Matt is wrong?

Jay Vergenz
IL, USA

jverg-at-att.net.43918.43909