Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

ge

champions choice pellet

Post by ge »

any feed back on this pellet for air pistol
Rodm

Re: champions choice pellet

Post by Rodm »

It's fine. I believe that they are H&N match pellets with the CC lable.
Rodm
: any feed back on this pellet for air pistol

ramadsen-at-iname.com.43886.43884
David

Post by David »

: I shoot air rifle, and for several years I used the Champion's Choice pellets. Then I switched to R10 when I was shooting at USAS Nationals. All of a sudden, my scores jumped. Over spring break, my team had access to a machine rest, and we tested R10, HN (non- CC) and Champion's Choice. The CC pellets had about a dime sized group in all 6 rifles. R10 and HN both shot one hole. Yes, CC pellets are made by HN, but the qulaity is awful. I do not recommend using the Champion's Choice pellets unless you want a cheaper pellet for training.
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

I am a rifle shooter so this does not exactly answer your question but I have used CC cheapies and found them to be pretty decent. I recently did some accuracy testing with some cheap pellets. I did not have any of the champions choice pellets at the time so they were not used. My goal was to determine how suitable low end pellets are for entry level junior shooting. I tested Vogel Sport, RWS Geco, H&N from the CMP, and Daisy from the CMP. The pellets were tested in two fwb P70's and an anschutz 2002 from a vise. I shot 3- 5 shot groups from each rifle for each of the 4 brands of pellets. The worst group was .178" c-c. Most groups were more like .1" c-c.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.43900.43884
ge

Post by ge »

: : I shoot air rifle, and for several years I used the Champion's Choice pellets. Then I switched to R10 when I was shooting at USAS Nationals. All of a sudden, my scores jumped. Over spring break, my team had access to a machine rest, and we tested R10, HN (non- CC) and Champion's Choice. The CC pellets had about a dime sized group in all 6 rifles. R10 and HN both shot one hole. Yes, CC pellets are made by HN, but the qulaity is awful. I do not recommend using the Champion's Choice pellets unless you want a cheaper pellet for training.
thank you
Pete W

CC pellets in a pistol

Post by Pete W »

I use the CC pellets in my Steyr LP10. From a vise, I have fired 20 shots which took up about 75% of the 10 ring, with all shots staying completely inside the ring. Now for world class shooters that are shooting over 95 on a regular basis, I can see the need for a better pellet. For a blind old goat like me, who still has trouble staying inside the nine ring, the Champion's Choice pellets are more than adequate.

CWells4638-at-aol.com.43959.43884
anon

Post by anon »

: It's fine. I believe that they are H&N match pellets with the CC lable.
: Rodm
: : any feed back on this pellet for air pistol
They are, but as always lower price comes with less quality control, and my experience has been that the pellets suck.