Tech Force SS2

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Michael

Tech Force SS2

Post by Michael »

Does anyone have any experience with this air pistol? You can see it at:
http://www.compasseco.com/shop/products ... %20Pistols
Would it be a good choice as an alternative to the IZH 46 for an entry level gun? It sure looks a lot like a FWB 65.
Charles

Re: Tech Force SS2

Post by Charles »

: Does anyone have any experience with this air pistol? You can see it at:
: http://www.compasseco.com/shop/products ... %20Pistols
: Would it be a good choice as an alternative to the IZH 46 for an entry level gun? It sure looks a lot like a FWB 65.
I would stick with the IZH-46. The resale price is higher and I believe you will have a better chance of getting a well functioning IZH-46 out of the box vs the SS2.
Charles
crrmeyer-at-yahoo.com.43864.43862
Michael

Post by Michael »

Charles, Do you have any experience with the Tech Force SS2?
: : Does anyone have any experience with this air pistol? You can see it at:
: : http://www.compasseco.com/shop/products ... %20Pistols
: : Would it be a good choice as an alternative to the IZH 46 for an entry level gun? It sure looks a lot like a FWB 65.
: I would stick with the IZH-46. The resale price is higher and I believe you will have a better chance of getting a well functioning IZH-46 out of the box vs the SS2.
: Charles

Charles

Post by Charles »

: Charles, Do you have any experience with the Tech Force SS2?
Yes, I have played with them. The workmanship in sub-par compared to a FWB 65, Though the folks who get them to shoot say they shoot well, though some number seem to require being torn apart and cleaned, etc to function well. I got a little concerned when I saw a bunch of SS2's being sold for very little money by airgunsmith in non-functioning condition a few years back. While I like FWB 65's, but given the choice the IZH-46 is easier for me to shoot due to its lack of vibration when firing.
Charles
crrmeyer-at-yahoo.com.43868.43866
sklein

I've used them.

Post by sklein »

I have shot four or five of them and they shoot as well or better than my FWB 65. The gentleman who is past state champion of Florida in airpistol silhouette routinely shoots 33/40 or better with one and beats two FWB 65's each month as well as any number of IZH, Anschutz, and FWB compressed air guns. I dob't own one because I got great deals on used airguns but I wouldn't worry about buying one.
I own two FWB's and an IZH-46M. I think the IZH is still the best buy on the market but the SS2 is a close second.
For more info try this web site and scroll to the bottom of the page.
http://home.att.net/~jjaxelrod/air.html

sklein1-at-cfl.rr.com.43878.43862
Rodm

Post by Rodm »

My experience with the Tech Force was not good. I bought one to get back into shooting after a 20 year layoff. Shortly after I bought the gun it locked up the cocking arm. I returned it and they supossedly repared it. I was shooting it but not really happy when I learnde about the IZH. I purchaced the IZH 46 when they first came out to the market. The workmanship was better, the balance was better and no problems. I had confidance in the gun. Of the two I think that the IZH has the greater velocity. I sold the Tech Force for 1/3 what I paid for it and felt guilty. I am currently shooting a Styer but keep the IZH around. There are a few problems with the IZH like you have to shim the grip, I used strips cut from a buisness card, and you need to put a drop of oil down the cylinder about once a month, and I recall some minor dificulty getting the sights right and the grip is not the best. Still all these things can be fixed and it is the best value around. One other point, I don't recall seeing any posts really knocking the gun or complaining about mechanical problems.
Good Shooting:
: Would it be a good choice as an alternative to the IZH 46 for an entry level gun? It sure looks a lot like a FWB 65.

ramadsen-at-iname.com.43885.43862
JAY

Post by JAY »

I'm the person that sklein referred to in his posting. I own four SS2's and two Titans (the original clone of the FWB65). Please go to my website http://home.att.net/~jjaxelrod/airarms.html and click on JAY'S AIR ARTICLES for the clone vs the FWB65. I think Charles is referring to the problem Titans of which I bought one working and one not working, I am also an airsmith and an airarms author and needed a project. As for the SS2's, I have rebuilt the ones I own for competition and really enjoy them. The SS2 is a SPRINGER and the Chinese have made some changes the main being cutting down on the harmonics present in the FWB65. Even though the SS2 and FWB65 are "recoiless" springer it takes practice and the proper hold to shoot with precision accuracy. The SS2 cocking lever locking in the open position is usually caused by the shooter not pulling the cocking lever far enough back, it does take a good quick snap back to engage I also own an IZH46 and have had trigger lock-up problems on a light trigger adjustment. As for FWB65's I have rebuilt them for shooters using some of the SS2 intermals and the owners find their FWB's with SS2 parts shooting much better.
What's my choice for someone getting into air, the IZH46, but personally I shoot higher scores with the SS2 and get a special joy beating the FWB65's.....JAY
Michael

Post by Michael »

Thanks to all for their views. Jay, You give the SS2 a glowing report on your web site and say that you shoot them, but here you say that the IZH 46 is your choice for an entry level air pistol. What makes you lean toward the IZH? Do you find that the IZH is more accurate, more reliable, sturdier, easier to shoot well or what? I live a relatively short distance from Compasseco so I thought there might be a slight advantage to buying locally.
: I'm the person that sklein referred to in his posting. I own four SS2's and two Titans (the original clone of the FWB65). Please go to my website http://home.att.net/~jjaxelrod/airarms.html and click on JAY'S AIR ARTICLES for the clone vs the FWB65. I think Charles is referring to the problem Titans of which I bought one working and one not working, I am also an airsmith and an airarms author and needed a project. As for the SS2's, I have rebuilt the ones I own for competition and really enjoy them. The SS2 is a SPRINGER and the Chinese have made some changes the main being cutting down on the harmonics present in the FWB65. Even though the SS2 and FWB65 are "recoiless" springer it takes practice and the proper hold to shoot with precision accuracy. The SS2 cocking lever locking in the open position is usually caused by the shooter not pulling the cocking lever far enough back, it does take a good quick snap back to engage I also own an IZH46 and have had trigger lock-up problems on a light trigger adjustment. As for FWB65's I have rebuilt them for shooters using some of the SS2 intermals and the owners find their FWB's with SS2 parts shooting much better.
: What's my choice for someone getting into air, the IZH46, but personally I shoot higher scores with the SS2 and get a special joy beating the FWB65's.....JAY

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Ive had FWB 65's in the past and loved the gripson the gun, will the competition grips frm the 65 fit the SS2. If not, are there any aftermarket grips available .
Jerry

nthe10ring-at-aol.com.43930.43862
JAY

Post by JAY »

Hi Michael, the IZH46 is a pneumatic, which is inherently recoilless, nothing moves except for a light hammer and a small very light weight valve. The SS2 is a SPRINGER which has a very heavy piston and very heavy spring which is set in motion upon firing, which in turn sets up recoil and harmonics. Even though the SS2 is considered a “recoilless” a springer is very sensitive to the shooters grip. Many shooters of FWB65’s and SS2’s don’t take the time to find or use a consistent hold so the pistols shoot well but not to the full potential of the pistol.
Because of the learning curve (practice) for the SS2 it may take the shooter a longer period of time to become proficient with the pistol.
As for the IZH46 I prefer it to its sister the IZH46M, which is what is sold today. Compasseco also sells the IZH46M, tell Eric Jay in Miami sent you.
I mainly shoot silhouette which is two handed and actually my first choice is the Daisy 747, my match 747 shoots one hole groups off the bench at 18 yards. I prefer to shoot pistols I enjoy and that feel comfortable and an extension of me in a match, it’s personal and that’s where the SS2 comes into play, otherwise they are pretty close to equal as an iron sight pistol but as a scoped pistol the IZH46……… JAY