Beretta Model 89

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jerry

Beretta Model 89

Post by Jerry »

I was looking at one of these in a local gunstore, it appeared well made , and had nice grips, although not adjustable. The trigger seemed fair, and im not sure of he adjustments, or if it has any.It was in the 600 price range, the salesman, said he thought it was a discontined model .Ive never seen one before, and havent seen it mentioned here, has anyone had any experience with this gun, I would appreciate and pros and cons u would care to share.
Jerry
nthe10ring-at-aol.com.43787.0
acet

Re: Beretta Model 89

Post by acet »

For $600, I think either a S & W model 41 or any one of the various High Standard 107's would be a better choice.
ACETAN88-at-HOTMAIL.COM.43799.43787
Gaines Blackwell

Re: Beretta Model 89

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

I have owned a M89 since new, maybe 15-18 years. It has been discontinued and replaced by the M87, a much less substantial gun. It is well crafted, has a trigger that lets off at 2 1/2 pounds, adjustable for over travel only.Trigger feel is more of a roll off and not crisp but not bad. Walnut thumbrest stocks are fixed....Has a nice solid feel and is quite accurate. I consider it a good target grade gun and not match grade. I see them on the used market at $550 to 600 asking in excellent shape. I looked at 41's, Hi-Standards, custom Rugers and choose it....No regreats but few others felt the same as sales were slow. It is a nice gun for semi-serious work.....GTBG
: I was looking at one of these in a local gunstore, it appeared well made , and had nice grips, although not adjustable. The trigger seemed fair, and im not sure of he adjustments, or if it has any.It was in the 600 price range, the salesman, said he thought it was a discontined model .Ive never seen one before, and havent seen it mentioned here, has anyone had any experience with this gun, I would appreciate and pros and cons u would care to share.
: Jerry

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.43824.43787