Ser #14XXX
2 Cylinders; one blue one green
Both clearly marked Pmax 300 bar / 4351 psi
Owner's manual (original):
- Technical Data: Number of shot per cylinder 200
- para7. Air cylinder: "It is only necessary to know the
pressure inside the cylinder, which cannot exceed 300 bar
/ 4351 psi."

Now it is interesting to note that in the original language version of the manual, it says the same thing about pressure but also mentions (in the technical data table) that you can expect "220 schuBzahl mit 200 bar." Hmmm. More shots for less pressure? Soemthing is amiss here!
Look, that's what my manual says. I'm not making it up.
If Morini has a technical error in my technical data (and I'm sure I'm not alone), I would expect a technical supplement. Maybe Morini backed off on the pressure spec for later versions of the gun (yes, they have lawyers in Switzerland), but my manual sez what it sez. I'm not sure a BB posting by Francesco constitutes a technical amendment to my owner's manual.
I certainly never claimed in any case (as some are apparently trying to say) that 300 bar is safer than 200 bar in *any* gun!
Steve Swartz

leslieswartz-at-erinet.com.43728.0
Rich

Re: Simple Question About Cylinder

Post by Rich »

I have Morini 162E Short version. The pistol is 2 months old. The manual says not to go over 2900PSI. Gauges on the cylinders have no markings. Since my scuba tank goes to 3200PSI This is what I put in there. I still get around 100 shots before the lock latches.
: Morini CM162E
: Ser #14XXX
: 2 Cylinders; one blue one green
: Both clearly marked Pmax 300 bar / 4351 psi
: Owner's manual (original):
: - Technical Data: Number of shot per cylinder 200
: - para7. Air cylinder: "It is only necessary to know the
: pressure inside the cylinder, which cannot exceed 300 bar
: / 4351 psi."
:
: Now it is interesting to note that in the original language version of the manual, it says the same thing about pressure but also mentions (in the technical data table) that you can expect "220 schuBzahl mit 200 bar." Hmmm. More shots for less pressure? Soemthing is amiss here!
: Look, that's what my manual says. I'm not making it up.
: If Morini has a technical error in my technical data (and I'm sure I'm not alone), I would expect a technical supplement. Maybe Morini backed off on the pressure spec for later versions of the gun (yes, they have lawyers in Switzerland), but my manual sez what it sez. I'm not sure a BB posting by Francesco constitutes a technical amendment to my owner's manual.
: I certainly never claimed in any case (as some are apparently trying to say) that 300 bar is safer than 200 bar in *any* gun!
: Steve Swartz

Dobepinsch-at-aol.com.43733.43728
Rich

Post by Rich »

I have Morini 162E Short version. The pistol is 2 months old. The manual says not to go over 2900PSI. Gauges on the cylinders have no markings. Since my scuba tank goes to 3200PSI This is what I put in there. I still get around 100 shots before the lock latches.
:
: Now it is interesting to note that in the original language version of the manual, it says the same thing about pressure but also mentions (in the technical data table) that you can expect "220 schuBzahl mit 200 bar." Hmmm. More shots for less pressure? Soemthing is amiss here!
: If Morini has a technical error in my technical data (and I'm sure I'm not alone), I would expect a technical supplement. Maybe Morini backed off on the pressure spec for later versions of the gun (yes, they have lawyers in Switzerland), but my manual sez what it sez. I'm not sure a BB posting by Francesco constitutes a technical amendment to my owner's manual.
: I certainly never claimed in any case (as some are apparently trying to say) that 300 bar is safer than 200 bar in *any* gun!

Dobepinsch-at-aol.com.43734.43728
RFW

Post by RFW »

The way I read this, Pmax (300 bar) is the maximum pressure the cylinder, or the safety disk, is rated to withstand. It is not the operating pressure. 200 bar is the recommended operating (or working) pressure.
Obviously, you cannot fill any container to its maximum pressure. It's far to dangerous. So engineers build in a margin of safety. On this cylinder it's 50%.
The confusion has probably been generated by some over zealous marketing whiz kid who quoted the 300 bar number in an effort to out do the competition. This happens all the time.
So both numbers are correct, it's just that the lower one is the "real world" number.

1 Lt Wayne Stiles

Post by 1 Lt Wayne Stiles »

:
Sir,
How do you keep up with all these numbers, you are a brainiac!! I have trouble remembering the little things, perfect trigger, sight alignment, perfect trigger, sight picture, perfect trigger, follow thru!! I am now in the mid 520s and hope to be in the mid 560s before I leave korea.

wayne.stiles-at-kunsan.af.mil.43757.43728
tck

Post by tck »

Dear Steve,
I beleive Mr. Francesco of Morini had answered your question once and there is one point that you have missed.
You stated that your AP is a 162E and you ahve 2 cylinders. To my knowledge you must have a modified 162E because the original 162E has a fix cylinder that filled air in front. If your cylinder can be detached from the frame and refill at the bottom and have a gauge in front, then most probably your AP have been upgraded to 162EI.
If such is the case, then information of the original manual cannot be applied.
Check on the website of Morini, they state "guarantee 220 shots with 200 bar", but will you challenge, sue them if you AP cannot shot that much. My Ap can only manage a bit more than 100 shots now but who cares of all the shots can maintain the utmost level of precision.

kimf

Post by kimf »

Steve, I must have the same model as you, only difference is that both my removeable cylinders are blue. I do not think, as stated by tck, that these are 'modified' air pistols, the clyinders have the morini logo on them, both on the cylind itself, and the manometer. Also, the hard plastic case has a separate place for a removed cylinder. The manual states <The air pressure cannot exceed 300 bar / 4352 psi. The manometer on the cylinders has a cresent shaped marking for determining the fill level. It has two 'marks' at the 1/3 and 2/3 fill levels. When I filled from a 3000 psi scuba tank, the guage went to the 2/3 mark and I got about 160 shots. I have now been using a pump to fill to 200 bar (pump guage), and that brings the manometer to the 2/3 mark, I do not know how many shots. If someone thinks that they are getting to few shots, could they have the velocity turned up? (screw under rear sight).
There is a lot of confusion on this topic it seems.
kim

:

kimf

Post by kimf »

SORRY, my reply got "lopped off", here is the complete one
: Steve, I must have the same model as you, only difference is that both my removeable cylinders are blue. I do not think, as stated by tck, that these are 'modified' air pistols, the clyinders have the morini logo on them, both on the cylind itself, and the manometer. Also, the hard plastic case has a separate place for a removed cylinder. The manual states "The air pressure cannot exceed 300 bar / 4352 psi". The manometer on the cylinders has a cresent shaped marking for determining the fill level. It has two 'marks' at the 1/3 and 2/3 fill levels. When I filled from a 3000 psi scuba tank, the guage went to the 2/3 mark and I got about 160 shots. I have now been using a pump to fill to 200 bar (pump guage), and that brings the manometer to the 2/3 mark, I do not know how many shots. If someone thinks that they are getting to few shots, could they have the velocity turned up? (screw under rear sight).
: There is a lot of confusion on this topic it seems.
: kim
:
: : Morini CM162E
: : Ser #14XXX
: : 2 Cylinders; one blue one green
: : Both clearly marked Pmax 300 bar / 4351 psi
: : Owner's manual (original):
: : - Technical Data: Number of shot per cylinder 200
: : - para7. Air cylinder: "It is only necessary to know the
: : pressure inside the cylinder, which cannot exceed 300 bar
: : / 4351 psi."
: :
: : Now it is interesting to note that in the original language version of the manual, it says the same thing about pressure but also mentions (in the technical data table) that you can expect "220 schuBzahl mit 200 bar." Hmmm. More shots for less pressure? Soemthing is amiss here!
: : Look, that's what my manual says. I'm not making it up.
: : If Morini has a technical error in my technical data (and I'm sure I'm not alone), I would expect a technical supplement. Maybe Morini backed off on the pressure spec for later versions of the gun (yes, they have lawyers in Switzerland), but my manual sez what it sez. I'm not sure a BB posting by Francesco constitutes a technical amendment to my owner's manual.
: : I certainly never claimed in any case (as some are apparently trying to say) that 300 bar is safer than 200 bar in *any* gun!
: : Steve Swartz