Pachmayr Gun Box

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

shadow

Pachmayr Gun Box

Post by shadow »

I would like to buy a Pachmayr gun box. I understand that they no longer mnufacture them. Any idea where I can buy one - new or used?
sparis45-at-msn.com.43502.0
shadow

Re: Here's one

Post by shadow »

I saw that one. I was hoping to get a newer one where he rear lock is recessed ino the back of the box. It prevents you from scratching your fellow shooters boxes.

sparis45-at-msn.com.43505.43504
Richard

Re: Pachmayr Gun Box

Post by Richard »

Here is a link to new ones they are now manufactured by Gun-ho.
: I would like to buy a Pachmayr gun box. I understand that they no longer mnufacture them. Any idea where I can buy one - new or used?

Rick Eickhoff

Older is better

Post by Rick Eickhoff »

In my 20 years of Bullseye shooting. The older Pachmyer boxes are much nicer and are better constructed than the newer version. This box is excellent condition. For the price you can't go wrong. This box is 10 times the box of the newer Gunho. Note, You may have to lower the tray, if it was designed for iron sights.
Just something to think about.

: I saw that one. I was hoping to get a newer one where he rear lock is recessed ino the back of the box. It prevents you from scratching your fellow shooters boxes.

reickhoff-at-stny.rr.com.43522.43505
shadow

Lower Tray?

Post by shadow »

Rick,
How would you lower the tray in a Pachmayr> Are the ledges similar to the ones in a Gun Ho?
BTW, I bid on it. There is also one on Gunbroker.com
sparis45-at-msn.com.43531.43522
Wee Hooker

Re: Pachmayr Gun Box thoughts

Post by Wee Hooker »

My 2 cents. I just got my first lightly used (4 gun) gun-ho box a few months back. My initial observation is that they are well built and do hold pistols securely. However, the interior layout is no engineering wonder. You waste allot of room in the tray if only one or two guns are being hauled. There are a few other features that could be improved on as well. Namely, if left in the open position ( to use the door mounted scope) ejected brass tends to bounce off port partitions and end up all over the box. The area on the bottom is adaquate but provides no seperation of ammo, glasses, muffs, tools etc. One slight tip of the box when carring and everything is in a pile. Lastly, there is also no place to neatly stack/carry targets. A target tray would be a big help.
FWIW, I'm considering building my own from light plywood/ aluminum case to correct these issues.
: I would like to buy a Pachmayr gun box. I understand that they no longer mnufacture them. Any idea where I can buy one - new or used?

Richard

Re: Pachmayr Gun Box thoughts

Post by Richard »

If you're skilled enough and have the time and tools building your own, it is probably the best way to go. The ejected brass is a bigger problem for those lefties that shoot to the right of a righty. I just gave the Gun-ho address for information purposes, I've never owned one of theirs (I have an older five gun Pachmayr)
: My 2 cents. I just got my first lightly used (4 gun) gun-ho box a few months back. My initial observation is that they are well built and do hold pistols securely. However, the interior layout is no engineering wonder. You waste allot of room in the tray if only one or two guns are being hauled. There are a few other features that could be improved on as well. Namely, if left in the open position ( to use the door mounted scope) ejected brass tends to bounce off port partitions and end up all over the box. The area on the bottom is adaquate but provides no seperation of ammo, glasses, muffs, tools etc. One slight tip of the box when carring and everything is in a pile. Lastly, there is also no place to neatly stack/carry targets. A target tray would be a big help.
: FWIW, I'm considering building my own from light plywood/ aluminum case to correct these issues.
: : I would like to buy a Pachmayr gun box. I understand that they no longer mnufacture them. Any idea where I can buy one - new or used?

Rick Eickhoff

Lower the Pachmayr Tray

Post by Rick Eickhoff »

To lower the tray requires a little bit of time and fabrication.
I cut out the old shelf, which the tray sits on. Made a new shelf from Finn Birch Plywood, similiar to Marine Plywood. and used some Aluminum Angle to attach it to the box with small wood screws.
It a bit of a pain. But, in my opinion the old Pachmayr case is much nicer than the new Gun Ho.
The tray design is what really makes the differance.
I have an old Gun Ho. Built back in the 70's which has a tray more like the Pachmayr, which I have modifided to hold the scope guns.
You won't be unhappy with used Pachmayr Case.
Good Luck,
Rick

: Rick,
: How would you lower the tray in a Pachmayr> Are the ledges similar to the ones in a Gun Ho?
: BTW, I bid on it. There is also one on Gunbroker.com

reickhoff-at-stny.rr.com.43571.43531
Richard

Anybody Know where to get a Gunbox Magnet for one

Post by Richard »

C.S. Richardson

Gil Hebard NT

Post by C.S. Richardson »

Gil Hebard
mimmp-at-castlegate.net.43705.43634
thomas e carter

Re: Pachmayr Gun Box soft cloth,opens infront

Post by thomas e carter »

: If you're skilled enough and have the time and tools building your own, it is probably the best way to go. The ejected brass is a bigger problem for those lefties that shoot to the right of a righty. I just gave the Gun-ho address for information purposes, I've never owned one of theirs (I have an older five gun Pachmayr)
: : My 2 cents. I just got my first lightly used (4 gun) gun-ho box a few months back. My initial observation is that they are well built and do hold pistols securely. However, the interior layout is no engineering wonder. You waste allot of room in the tray if only one or two guns are being hauled. There are a few other features that could be improved on as well. Namely, if left in the open position ( to use the door mounted scope) ejected brass tends to bounce off port partitions and end up all over the box. The area on the bottom is adaquate but provides no seperation of ammo, glasses, muffs, tools etc. One slight tip of the box when carring and everything is in a pile. Lastly, there is also no place to neatly stack/carry targets. A target tray would be a big help.
: : FWIW, I'm considering building my own from light plywood/ aluminum case to correct these issues.
: : : I would like to buy a Pachmayr gun box. I understand that they no longer mnufacture them. Any idea where I can buy one - new or used?

seti1234-at-aol.com.44576.43557