This came with my Steyr LP5P, what is it?

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

alance2002@yahoo.com

Re: This came with my Steyr LP5P, what is it?

Post by alance2002@yahoo.com »

: This object was in the bag with the allen wrenches and screwdrivers and o-rings. It's plastic, and I have no clue what it is. Anyone know? It's not listed in the manual either.
I believe it's the bushing/seating material for the pistol frame to meet the receiver in the grip. Check with Warren for more details. Craig
Mako

Re: This came with my Steyr LP5P, what is it?

Post by Mako »

If you take off the grip you should find a metal version of that piece ... if you want to lighten the weight of the pistol you can replace it with the "no weight" plastic piece ... I believe ...

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.43611.43607
Warren

A grip spacer

Post by Warren »

If you want the gun sitting higher in your hand that plastic spacer can be inserted between the grip and frame. If you ever put that grip on an LP1 or LP10 you will need it to give clearance between the top of the grip and the rear sight. Otherwise it's something you may never use.
Good guess, Mako. Close, baby, but no cigar :-)

warren-at-pilkguns.com.43613.43606
JMJ

Re: A grip spacer

Post by JMJ »

Great, thanks Warren!
: If you want the gun sitting higher in your hand that plastic spacer can be inserted between the grip and frame. If you ever put that grip on an LP1 or LP10 you will need it to give clearance between the top of the grip and the rear sight. Otherwise it's something you may never use.
: Good guess, Mako. Close, baby, but no cigar :-)