Filling the Tau 200

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

CPT B

Filling the Tau 200

Post by CPT B »

OK, I have acquired the Tau 200 Jr. I have obtained an adapter for the tank to fill from other sources. Would like to just transfer from Paintball tanks if possible. I must admit I am defeated about how to fill the tank.[and then get the gas to the rifle] Adapter a "female" connector. It will fit a paintball "male'connector. But how to then get to the rifle. [If I remove the PB adaptor the CO2 is gone.] BTW I tried to load CO@ powerlets but the flat piercing mechanism requires more muscle than I have. Suggestions? The "instructions"with the rifle are indescipherable. CPT B
bjwlaw-at-aol.com.43576.0
pdeal

Re: Filling the Tau 200

Post by pdeal »

Not sure I totally understand your questions. I have Tau 200 that I fill from a 20lb cylinder. I use the 20lb cylinder to fill the 125g(I think) intermediate tank (little grey tank about 2"dia, 10" long) that comes with the rifle. To fill this intermediate tank I had to buy an adapter to allow it to be connected to the 20lb cylinder. I assume you have done the same except your adapter allows the intermediate tank to connect to a paint ball tank. Before filling the intermediate tank I put it in the freezer for 10min. After taking it out of the freezer screw it onto the paintball tank and the co2 will run in. Not sure how the paintball tanks work exactly but you need to hold the paintball tank so that the liquid runs into the intermediate tank- not gas. My 20lb tank as a syphon tube that goes from the valve to the bottom of the tank to insure that liquid comes out of the valve. Without this tube the 20lb tank would need to be turned upside down for the fill. Anyway, you can tell when your intermediate tank is full by weighing it. Then to fill the gun I simply point the muzzle of the gun up and screw the intermediate tank onto the gun's cylinder. I think it helps to dryfire the gun a few times before doing this.
pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.43581.43576
pdeal

Post by pdeal »

Here is a pretty good article that Todd Cooper wrote on the Tau 200
http://www.citlink.net/~schattler/at7.htm
Also, here is some good info on CO2 tank filling for airguns
http://www.airgunsonly.com/frames.html

pdeal-at-mylanlabs.com.43582.43581
Jay V

Post by Jay V »

: OK, I have acquired the Tau 200 Jr. I have obtained an adapter for the tank to fill from other sources. Would like to just transfer from Paintball tanks if possible. I must admit I am defeated about how to fill the tank.[and then get the gas to the rifle] Adapter a "female" connector. It will fit a paintball "male'connector. But how to then get to the rifle. [If I remove the PB adaptor the CO2 is gone.] BTW I tried to load CO@ powerlets but the flat piercing mechanism requires more muscle than I have. Suggestions? The "instructions"with the rifle are indescipherable. CPT B

I don't think that you can transfer directly from a paintball tank.
To use the small grey 150 gr transfer bottle for "bulk-fill" you will need to have the bulk-fill cap on the rifle. The bulk-fill cap has threads on the outside that mate-up with the transfer bottle. Make sure the gun is empty before changing caps.
To fully fill the transfer bottle you will need to chill it. Putting it in the freezer for about 10 min brings it down to the right temp before screwing it on the "master" tank (5 pound or larger CO2 tank). You should have a small scale to check the transfer bottle for overfill (add 150 gr to the empty weight) to be safe. Let the transfer bottle come up to room temp before screwing it on to the rifle.
With the rifle in the cocked position, screw the transfer bottle onto the rifle until it stops, then fire a number of live - but empty (no pellet) shots. Leave the rifle pointed upward for a minute or 2, then slowly disconnect the transfer bottle. Ocassionally the bottle will disconnect abruptly and send the o-ring from inside the bulk cap flying, so unscrew it gently and it will bleed-off slowly.
That's how I do it. Let me know if you have any questions.
Link is additional TAU-200 info by Todd Cooper from the Arizona State Rifle & Pistol Assn. site.

Jay V
AIAC
IL

jverg-at-att.net.43583.43576
BobZ

Post by BobZ »

: OK, I have acquired the Tau 200 Jr. I have obtained an adapter for the tank to fill from other sources. Would like to just transfer from Paintball tanks if possible. I must admit I am defeated about how to fill the tank.[and then get the gas to the rifle] Adapter a "female" connector. It will fit a paintball "male'connector. But how to then get to the rifle. [If I remove the PB adaptor the CO2 is gone.] BTW I tried to load CO@ powerlets but the flat piercing mechanism requires more muscle than I have. Suggestions? The "instructions"with the rifle are indescipherable. CPT B
The Tau 200 has the same fill mechanism as the Tau-7. If you wish to fill from a Paintball tank it is possible to do with the proper adaptor. One which I have been using is sold by Jorge Chavez at Sunshine Airguns. It costs about $25.00 and works with the normal bulk fill adaptor which comes with your air-gun. I have been using a 14oz. paintball tank (make sure you get one with an on/off type valve or on/off adaptor.This will prevent much lost gas on connecting/disconnecting.The Paintball tank should be kept valve end down for at least 1/2hour before attaching to the gun.Then it must be kept in place for at least 20 minuets to get a good fill.I am getting between 95-115 shots per fill using this system on the Tau-7.

rzovinka-at-hvc.rr.com.43602.43576
TCooper

Post by TCooper »

Have a look at http://www.airguninfo.com and look under AIRGUN DATABASE. You will find my article on "Bulk Filling the TAU-7". The same principle applies to the TAU-200 rifle.
Later,
Todd