IZH-46 loose grips & target question

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

BobH

IZH-46 loose grips & target question

Post by BobH »

When cocking my new IZH-46 there is a small amount of play felt in the grips. I've had the grips off and looked at the situation and have tightened them as far as I dare, but after 20 or so shots the play in the grip comes back. The grooves in the grips that fit over the steel bit is slightly too big. What do you guys do to eliminate this small amount of play? The grips are not loose enough to effect accuracy, but the movement felt during cocking sure plays havoc with my concentration.
Target question: I got two different types of targets with the gun -- Gamo 5 1/2" square, 10 scoring rings with the black out to the 6 ring being approx 2.6" dia. and the 10 ring is approx .52". The other targets are Russian I think -- 5 1/2" square with 12 scoring rings the black out to the 10 ring which is approx 1" dia. and the 12 ring is approx .3" dia. Are either one of these the right ones for 10M offhand pistol with iron sights?
chrisbobhuff-at-worldnet.att.net.43553.0
Craig E.

Re: IZH-46 loose grips & target question

Post by Craig E. »

Hi Bob,
Have had similar problem with IZH....if you can get some thin copper or brass shim stock, cut it into a strip just a little narrower than the pistol frame....to fit inside the routed out section of the grip. Shape it around the frame and replace the grip halves. Also, a little locktite on the grip screws will help reduce the tendency to loosen with the cocking action. And, on the contrary, it does affect accuracy....scores went up noticeably when the grip didn't move anymore. I also shaped the grip to have some finger relief and conform better to my hand. I have some pics available or the mods if you want....email me and I will see that you get them. The 46 is a grand pistol for the money ...even if it cost more than it does. As for the targets....the first you mention I believe is the right one for 10m AP. You can check the archives here or Hitchikers Guide for more details....in fact....simply look up the Edelman targets at Pilkington and you will see examples of the targets. HTH. Craig

: When cocking my new IZH-46 there is a small amount of play felt in the grips. I've had the grips off and looked at the situation and have tightened them as far as I dare, but after 20 or so shots the play in the grip comes back. The grooves in the grips that fit over the steel bit is slightly too big. What do you guys do to eliminate this small amount of play? The grips are not loose enough to effect accuracy, but the movement felt during cocking sure plays havoc with my concentration.
: Target question: I got two different types of targets with the gun -- Gamo 5 1/2" square, 10 scoring rings with the black out to the 6 ring being approx 2.6" dia. and the 10 ring is approx .52". The other targets are Russian I think -- 5 1/2" square with 12 scoring rings the black out to the 10 ring which is approx 1" dia. and the 12 ring is approx .3" dia. Are either one of these the right ones for 10M offhand pistol with iron sights?

alance2002-at-yahoo.com.43556.43553
Rustam Bana

Re: IZH-46 loose grips & target question

Post by Rustam Bana »

: When cocking my new IZH-46 there is a small amount of play felt in the grips.
The grooves in the grips that fit over the steel bit is slightly too big.

A friend has experienced a similar problem with his IZH-46. Temporarily packed with card paper but will need something a little harder than that.
Rustam
rustambana-at-satyam.net.in.43565.43553