coleg

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Damjan

coleg

Post by Damjan »

is there any hig school or higher wher i can get full schoolarship?
Damjanm-at-hotmail.com.43394.0
Fred

Not with your poor spelling! :-) nt.

Post by Fred »

: is there any hig school or higher wher i can get full schoolarship?

Gaines Blackwell

Re: coleg( Are you by chance a foreign student?)

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

I taught in higher education for 37 years and saw many foreign students not only sharpen their English skills but thrive in many fields of study. Many schools have courses to help with language and the majority of Phd degrees in the science and math fields in my University are taken by foreign students. Perhaps some here has a list of schools with shooting programs. You will have to work on that English!....gtb

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.43398.43394
Joacim

Colleges in the US with shooting programs

Post by Joacim »

Hello Damjan,
Never mind the other posts - they are just rude.
There are a few places where you can find information about different colleges in the US. The rule of thumb is that the top 10 in the US offer scholarships and the 10-20 may give scholarships. Contact the coaches to get more information.
Start out by looking at
http://www.riflesports.com/ncaa/recruitint.htm
http://www.riflesports.com/ncaa/university.htm
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/Users/groups ... links.html
If you can shoot 385 in air rifle and 1140 in 3x40 smallbore 50m you should have a good chance of getting some scholarhips. For a full ride you will need some top international scores combined with an opening at a college with available scholarships.
Good luck finding more information.
Regards,
Joacim Trybom

PS! For the other posts - my English weren't too good when I started looking either but it was enough to get through UAF with a good GPA and a couple of NCAA Championships - just have patience with the language and you might be surprised.....

joacim-at-riflesports.com.43402.43394
Gaines Blackwell

Re: coleg( My sincere apologies is taken wrong)

Post by Gaines Blackwell »

I was trying to be helpful by indicating if one were foreign there is great opportunity here and at my school, Auburn University, the majority of the most difficult degrees were gained by students of which English was not their native tongue and of which I am most proud. I have taught in Italy and know first hand how hard it is. It would be deplorable to me to not be encouraging. In my most recent class I had students from Japan, Pakistan, China and Honduras, good students all. I was hoping someone had a list of schools that offer schlorships as I do not, thank you. I am very sorry if I was not clear. I though I was one of the least xenophobic people here! I think of shooting as international and a way to build bridges between nations. Again my apologies but do realistically remember a reasonable command of the host country's language is necessary. Our experience is that it is quickly gained....gtb

gtblackwell-at-charter.net.43412.43394
sumair ahmed

i am poor student ,wants scholarship

Post by sumair ahmed »

: I was trying to be helpful by indicating if one were foreign there is great opportunity here and at my school, Auburn University, the majority of the most difficult degrees were gained by <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">students</B> of which English was not their native tongue and of which I am most proud. I have taught in Italy and know first hand how hard it is. It would be deplorable to me to not be encouraging. In my most recent class I had <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">students</B> from Japan, <B style="color:black;background-color:#99ff99">Pakistan</B>, China and Honduras, good <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">students</B> all. I was hoping someone had a list of schools that offer schlorships as I do not, thank you. I am very sorry if I was not clear. I though I was one of the least xenophobic people here! I think of shooting as international and a way to build bridges between nations. Again my apologies but do realistically remember a reasonable command of the host country's language is necessary. Our experience is that it is quickly gained....gtb
: : is there any hig school or higher wher i can get full <B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">schoolarship</B>?

sumair19-at-yahoo.com.44205.43412