Benelli MP 90S

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

eddy

Benelli MP 90S

Post by eddy »

anybody know anything about this pistol(accurate,grips,trigger,etc)
¿It´s a good choice the benelli? or a hammerli 208s It´s a better choice.
RML

Re: Benelli MP 90S

Post by RML »

The early Benelli MP90S had a malfunction problem. You may recognise the problem by looking at the way the pistol throws the empty shells. If the empty round is thrown in different directions for each shot, or some do barely leave the pistol, then I do not recommend buing it. This was mainly caused by a problem in the slide, that was corrected later. The MP90WC (later model) seems to be an OK pistol. I like the design, with low barrel axis and sightline. But I do have limited experience with it.
RML
Aussie Bob

Re: Benelli MP 90S

Post by Aussie Bob »

G'day Eddy,
I own two Benelli MP90S World Cups and I love them. For more years than I like to remember I have shot the Hammerli 208. I still own the gun but I find it hard not to take the MP90S out of the safe when shooting a competition. I use Winchester Supreme in the .22. I was a user of SK ammo before the MP90S but I had problems with the grease building up in the breach. As an example of reliability I have had one malfunction in the last 4 bricks of Supreme. The latter models of the World Cup have a new trigger which is better than the original. I think they came in about 1999. Both of mine are the later design. They were also modified around that time so they could not fire with an open breach - this was also a problem with the earlier model.
The .32 is a dream to fire. I load 1.4 grains of Winchester WST behind a 98 grain HBWC. I use either no crimp of a full taper crimp using the Lyman taper crimp die.
Both of the guns are a little less forgiving than others but if you are sighted correctly it goes into the 10 each time.
The trigger is very adjustable from a crisp two stage to a rolloff setup.
Would I buy another brand to replace either of these at the moment? No. I can find no better. A near equal might be the FWB AW93 but I have not shot it enough to really say any more.
Cheers from down under
Aussie Bob
: anybody know anything about this pistol(accurate,grips,trigger,etc)
: ¿It´s a good choice the benelli? or a hammerli 208s It´s a better choice.

blambert-at-acay.com.au.43689.43396