Anschutz @ or Steyr LP10

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Kevin W

Anschutz @ or Steyr LP10

Post by Kevin W »

Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two air pistols? I am debating between these two and wondered if someone could share experiences.
Thank you.
Kevin
kbworley-at-att.net.42070.0
Barry Markowitz

Ask Warren about the "STAT" combo of both

Post by Barry Markowitz »

Warren helped me with parts to make a lowkey hybrid that gives the flexibility of the LP-10 with the superior weight management capabilities of the Anchutz @. It is the best of all worlds...Warren has a photo...except I couldn't quite fit in the Morini electronic trigger...which I'll leave to a real pioneer like Dr. Joe Matusic, Mako, Repich F.
: Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two air pistols? I am debating between these two and wondered if someone could share experiences.
: Thank you.
: Kevin

newsphotohi-at-hawaii.rr.com.42072.42070
Bubba

Re: Anschutz @ or Steyr LP10

Post by Bubba »

: Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two air pistols? I am debating between these two and wondered if someone could share experiences.
: Thank you.
: Kevin
I can only comment on the Anschutz @. After trying a few 10m pistols, I bought the Anschutz LP @ from ole Warren. I havent talked to him much lately. I do not have any problems with the LP@. The system works, and has more features than some of the others. I definately prefer the @ to the Morini 162E, because of the adjustability of the @.
Respectfully,
Bubba
danielhankiins-at-wmconnect.com.42079.42070
Rueben K

Re: Ask Warren about the "STAT" combo of both

Post by Rueben K »

What kind of scores have you been able to shoot with it? What is wrong with just getting the best pistol that you can and training hard to do your best. I think there is too much focus on equipment here. The most improvement can be realized through perfection of the shot delivery. That takes dedication, not really by fiddling with your gun/grip all of the time. If you are banging 560's and up, then small refinements might help.

: Warren helped me with parts to make a lowkey hybrid that gives the flexibility of the LP-10 with the superior weight management capabilities of the Anchutz @. It is the best of all worlds...Warren has a photo...except I couldn't quite fit in the Morini electronic trigger...which I'll leave to a real pioneer like Dr. Joe Matusic, Mako, Repich F.
: : Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two air pistols? I am debating between these two and wondered if someone could share experiences.
: : Thank you.
: : Kevin

reubenkusnier-at-yahoo.com.42088.42072
Barry Markowitz

You are right Rueben

Post by Barry Markowitz »

You are absolutely correct Rueben if we are all physically born to one standard, without genetic differentials. The flexibility of the Steyr's grip adjustment makes it possible for those that have non standard arm curvature or have hand irregularities (thumb injuries, excessive web between thumb and first finger, which influence the natural point of aim) to still try and enjoy AP without everything (grips, etc) having to be extensively customized (Seaton Thomas indicated that some people have to actually remove metal from their AP to get a correct fit...sounds extreme..but thats what he said. Additionally some people prefer weight in the nose, some prefer neutral weight balance, and some people prefer Hammerli AP 40's that might seem to IZH46m shooters like no weight at all. So I agree with you regarding the fundamentals of shooting are first and foremost, but submit that Steyr is smart for realizing we are not all out of the same mold...and that many recreational shooters actually like to tinker with technological subtleties more than competing....I am personally striving toward a clear and improved symmetrical sight picture and alignment...and have a long way to go in reinforcing my adherance to the basics. So you are right.
: What kind of scores have you been able to shoot with it? What is wrong with just getting the best pistol that you can and training hard to do your best. I think there is too much focus on equipment here. The most improvement can be realized through perfection of the shot delivery. That takes dedication, not really by fiddling with your gun/grip all of the time. If you are banging 560's and up, then small refinements might help.
:
: : Warren helped me with parts to make a lowkey hybrid that gives the flexibility of the LP-10 with the superior weight management capabilities of the Anchutz @. It is the best of all worlds...Warren has a photo...except I couldn't quite fit in the Morini electronic trigger...which I'll leave to a real pioneer like Dr. Joe Matusic, Mako, Repich F.
: : : Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two air pistols? I am debating between these two and wondered if someone could share experiences.
: : : Thank you.
: : : Kevin

newsphotohi-at-hawaii.rr.com.42096.42088
Jean B

Warren could you tell us about and post the photo?Thanks!NT

Post by Jean B »

: Warren helped me with parts to make a lowkey hybrid that gives the flexibility of the LP-10 with the superior weight management capabilities of the Anchutz @. It is the best of all worlds...Warren has a photo...except I couldn't quite fit in the Morini electronic trigger...which I'll leave to a real pioneer like Dr. Joe Matusic, Mako, Repich F.
: : Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two air pistols? I am debating between these two and wondered if someone could share experiences.

jean_b-at-garden.net.42099.42072
tck

Post by tck »

Fortunately I have the opportunity of shooting a LP10 and examine a LP@. Except for the barrel and weight configurations, both AP are quite identical.
However, it seems the LP10 compensator works better than the LP@, which uses a Morini 84E style of port holes design.
Reuben K.

Re: You are right Rueben

Post by Reuben K. »

Thanks for the reply. Your'e right, everyone is built differently but that doesn't mean you can't shoot well without making lots of mods to your guns and grips to do so. If everyone is different, what exactly is a "non-standard arm curvature". A lot of bullseye shooters shoot guns with standard grips and seem to have no problems. You still didn't answer my first question. What kind of scores are you shooting with it? Would you say that you are a casual shooter or competitor? Are you a coach? Not everyone has access to a gripmaker like Seaton Thomas. It seems that many shooters seem to do fine without a highly refined grip. I was able to modify my grips with a dremel and it got me close enough.
: You are absolutely correct Rueben if we are all physically born to one standard, without genetic differentials. The flexibility of the Steyr's grip adjustment makes it possible for those that have non standard arm curvature or have hand irregularities (thumb injuries, excessive web between thumb and first finger, which influence the natural point of aim) to still try and enjoy AP without everything (grips, etc) having to be extensively customized (Seaton Thomas indicated that some people have to actually remove metal from their AP to get a correct fit...sounds extreme..but thats what he said. Additionally some people prefer weight in the nose, some prefer neutral weight balance, and some people prefer Hammerli AP 40's that might seem to IZH46m shooters like no weight at all. So I agree with you regarding the fundamentals of shooting are first and foremost, but submit that Steyr is smart for realizing we are not all out of the same mold...and that many recreational shooters actually like to tinker with technological subtleties more than competing....I am personally striving toward a clear and improved symmetrical sight picture and alignment...and have a long way to go in reinforcing my adherance to the basics. So you are right.
: : What kind of scores have you been able to shoot with it? What is wrong with just getting the best pistol that you can and training hard to do your best. I think there is too much focus on equipment here. The most improvement can be realized through perfection of the shot delivery. That takes dedication, not really by fiddling with your gun/grip all of the time. If you are banging 560's and up, then small refinements might help.
: :
: : : Warren helped me with parts to make a lowkey hybrid that gives the flexibility of the LP-10 with the superior weight management capabilities of the Anchutz @. It is the best of all worlds...Warren has a photo...except I couldn't quite fit in the Morini electronic trigger...which I'll leave to a real pioneer like Dr. Joe Matusic, Mako, Repich F.
: : : : Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to compare these two air pistols? I am debating between these two and wondered if someone could share experiences.
: : : : Thank you.
: : : : Kevin

bill

Post by bill »

: I can only comment on the Anschutz @. After trying a few 10m pistols, I bought the Anschutz LP @ from ole Warren. I havent talked to him much lately. I do not have any problems with the LP@. The system works, and has more features than some of the others. I definately prefer the @ to the Morini 162E, because of the adjustability of the @.
: Respectfully,
: Bubba

scubabill77-at-yahoo.co.43588.42079
bill

Post by bill »

: : Hello, has anyone had an opportunity to Respectfully,
: Bubba

scubabill77-at-yahoo.co.43589.42079
bill

Post by bill »

the pl10 and the anschutz is the same pistol with different barrels and weight system,

scubabill77-at-yahoo.co.43590.42079