Rear Sight Base for Winchester 52

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Perry W. McFarland

Rear Sight Base for Winchester 52

Post by Perry W. McFarland »

Hi Folks:
I really like Winchester 52's and I need a rear sight base for one. Specifically, the rear sight base that I need is the Redfield W-490 (with attaching screws).
Does anyone out there have one of these that they can part with?
Please send me an e-mail at PerryMcF@aol.com.
Regards.
Perry
PerryMcF-at-aol.com.42272.0
Jack Leslie

Re: Rear Sight Base for Winchester 52

Post by Jack Leslie »

Perry:
I don't know why you need that specific base. I own a few 52s and all of the 52Ds that I have seen work with the current production bases sold by Champion Shooter's Supply ((888) 821-4867) & Champion's Choice ((800) 345-7179); Pilkington ((931) 924-3400), the sponsor of this board, might also carry the bases, although the tend to stay with European products.
The rear bases come in various heights, depending on head position and front base height. There is also a model with an extention on the front giving two additional holes. I would recommend this type as it gives you extra options to get your head position correct. They cost about $20.
Good luck and enjoy you 52!
Jack

: Hi Folks:
: I really like Winchester 52's and I need a rear sight base for one. Specifically, the rear sight base that I need is the Redfield W-490 (with attaching screws).
: Does anyone out there have one of these that they can part with?
: Please send me an e-mail at PerryMcF@aol.com.
: Regards.
: Perry

jleslieiii-at-sprynet.com.42290.42272
G. E. Riplinger

Re: Rear Sight Base for Winchester 52

Post by G. E. Riplinger »

: I traded a Redfield W490 for a W670 To fit my pre A. The 490 will not work with a Redfield Olympic front sight. Contact Russ Haydron in Gig Harbor Wa. He is on the net. I have the Olympic front and rear sights on my new "D" and it works very well!!
Greg
Tacoma, WA
gerip-at-concentric.net.43509.42290