What is Feild target Shooting

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Hawkeye

What is Feild target Shooting

Post by Hawkeye »

What exactly is feild Target Shooting and Feil Target rifles such as the Walther LG300 Dominator? Are there Field Target Competitions?
What is the difference between the LG300 and the LG300 Dominator?
Thanks,
Hawkeye.
Mako

LINK to Field Target Association

Post by Mako »

See LINK

makofoto-at-earthlink.net.43493.43490
Dave

Re: LINK to Field Target Association

Post by Dave »

: See LINK
Great fun! It's the airgun equivilent of 3 d archery. It's biggest downside is that it is not all that popular in the states yet. ( Particularly in teh NE) I shot it for a couple of matches with a tuned piston class spring gun but the matches were 3 hrs away ( Westfield MA) and only once or twice a year. The targets were to costly to set up a local league without firm commitment from shooters so I kind of fell out of it.
Just a note: $300-$800 will set you up in piston class but If you want to get involved in the open class, get ready to spend several times that. As with anything with a trigger or tires, people can get sick with the amount of $ they pour into there toys :-)
Patrick

Re: What is Feild target Shooting

Post by Patrick »

Mako's link probably best describes the sport.
Field target rifles are scoped (similar but not the same as running target), instead of using iron sights, and tend to have a higher velocity than standard match grade air rifles.
You can look at the LG300, in numerous variants, including the Alutec and Dominator models on my website listed below. In summary, the Dominator (in relation to the Alutec) is set up to accept a scope, have a shorter barrel, apparently weighs slightly more and has a higher muzzle velocity.
Hope that helps.
Patrick
haynes-at-targetshooting.ca.43498.43490