New to the world of air pistols!

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Lifetokerz

New to the world of air pistols!

Post by Lifetokerz »

I am new to shooting air pistols but i love it! i shoot every day in the woods: 33 shoes (feet) away from a card board target with a crosman 10shot co2 revolver....$40 dollars at walmart...i quickly found out how inconsistent this revolver is and order a baikal Izh-46m...any way! i have some questions about the sport of 10 meter air pistols that i cant seem to find the answers to on the net! :
what is free pistols?....how high up from the ground shoot the bulls eye be?,,,are all slow 10 meter air pistols single shot?....are 10m air pistol matches timed at all?...are b-40 targets used by all 10m air pistol shooters? how many times out of ten will a pro hit the bullseye (10)?
if anyone knows a good website or book with this type of information i would appreciate it as well....
thanks for any info!!!
Life
Lifetokerz-at-aol.com.43295.0
Chris L in NC

Scores of top shooters, and better targets

Post by Chris L in NC »

: I am new to shooting air pistols but i love it! i shoot every day in the woods: 33 shoes (feet) away from a card board target with a crosman 10shot co2 revolver....$40 dollars at walmart...i quickly found out how inconsistent this revolver is and order a baikal Izh-46m...any way! i have some questions about the sport of 10 meter air pistols that i cant seem to find the answers to on the net! :
: what is free pistols?....how high up from the ground shoot the bulls eye be?,,,are all slow 10 meter air pistols single shot?....are 10m air pistol matches timed at all?...are b-40 targets used by all 10m air pistol shooters? how many times out of ten will a pro hit the bullseye (10)?
: if anyone knows a good website or book with this type of information i would appreciate it as well....
: thanks for any info!!!
: Life
While your rulebooks are downloading at www.issf-shooting.org you can click on the Results link to find out scores in World Cup, World Championship, Olympic, and regional matches like the Pan Am Games. IIRC the Men's AP world record is 593, which is 53 out of 60 "bullseyes" and the rest 9s. Top shooters, that is, those who win medals at international matches, typically score over 580. If you aren't scoring that well yet, don't worry, it takes time and effort.
I've learned, don't mess with cheap AP targets. Get a 500-pack of easy-reading Edelmann targets from Pilkguns. Beats printing out my own targets anytime.
chrisatty-at-hotmail.com.43440.43295