Morini FP and AP

old, good http://www.midcoast.com/~pilkguns/bbs/

Moderators: rexifelis, pilkguns

Jeremy Masters

Morini FP and AP

Post by Jeremy Masters »

Hello,
Which is the lastest models of the Morini Free Pistol and Air Pistol that use AAA batteries to power its electronic triggers?
Jeremy
Hawkeye

Re: Morini FP and AP

Post by Hawkeye »

The latest Morini AP is the Morini 162EI and its Short version. The latest Morini FP is the CM84E.
Hawkeye
Jeremy Masters

Post by Jeremy Masters »

do these 2 pistols both using AAA size batteries?
jeremy
: The latest Morini AP is the Morini 162EI and its Short version. The latest Morini FP is the CM84E.
: Hawkeye

Paul

Post by Paul »

Buy the Steyr, the cylinder pressure indicator works!

kd6aw-at-cox.net.43106.43105
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Jeremy,
Both the pistols use AAA batteries. Forget about the cylinder gauge not working it really doe'nt matter. Most international shooters use Morini's and that is proof enough to show that the Morini is one of the best air-pistols in the market. The grip too is not adjustable for rake etc.... But refer to Nygords Notes on http://www.nygord-precision.com/ for how to get the grip to fit you.
Hawkeye

Warren

Half correct

Post by Warren »

Only the 162EI air pistols made for the last 2 1/2 years use the AAA batteries. Earlier 162EI used the 15v battery, there was no model name change. Old electronics have an almost semi-circular archway in the woodwork to display the on/off switch, the red tester light and a tester button. Later models have more of a slot (much narrower) for the switch and tester light.
To date the Free Pistol still uses the 15v battery, Francesco reported on this board some time ago they couldn't get the required voltage using AAAs to power both the trigger and the electronic safety beam.
warren-at-pilkguns.com.43111.43108
Rodm

Post by Rodm »

But the Morini doesn't need one. When the pressure gets low it stops working. You can get more shots out to finish the string if you want to delay. The Styer just lets you shoot if you aren't watching until you say to youself "Thats the third low 7 and I thought they were 10's or at least a 9. What's wrong?" I would prefere the Morini system.
BTW I shoot a Styer.
Rodm
: Buy the Steyr, the cylinder pressure indicator works!

ramadsen-at-iname.com.43112.43106
Hawkeye

Re: Half correct

Post by Hawkeye »

Sorry about the mistake, somehow thought that both of them used AAA batteries.
Hawkeye
EfrenR

Post by EfrenR »

My son, a junior shooter, shoots both Morini 162EI Air Pistol and Morini CM84E Free Pistol. Both have electronic triggers. His AP uses AAA batteries (I prefer RadioShacks top quality AAA battery) and his FP uses a 15v battery (same design as "c" size battery, but only smaller). The 15v battery is a non-Walmart/Radioshack merchandise. Call some electronic specialty stores (where professional electricians get their supply) for availability. Battery life for AP is about 15,000 shots and FP 5,000 shots. HOWEVER, you also have to consider the number of "dry fires" because everytime you pull that trigger, you are taking away some juice from your batteries. My kid dry-fires a lot and did not consider them in estimating the life of his batteries before he competed at the 2003 National Junior Olympics Shooting Championships. Checking his equipments before the trip, we found that his AP and FP batteries were down to half its power after 'only' a few tins of pellets and less than a thousand rounds. I strongly recommend that you always have spare batteries for both pistols because you never want to run out of juice during a match, and you just can't leave the match and run to a nearby convenience store to get a 15v battery for your FP only to find out that they don't carry that item. But don't get this battery issue bug you in deciding whether to buy these pistols. These batteries last a long time. These are excellent pistols and my kid has been shooting very well with them. You will love their electronic triggers, and I doubt if you ever want to go back to mechanical trigger for AP and FP disciplines after you have tried these pistols. Our TT sponsor Pilkington carries both pistols and they are reasonably priced. If you have more questions, call Warren Potter at Pilkington. He helped us decide in buying these pistols by answering all our questions with an elite shooter's perspective.

ratherbe-at-adelphia.net.43118.43105
Stan Pace

The gauge is a non-issue...

Post by Stan Pace »

I have the Morini AP, and while the gauge might not be precise, it tells me all I need to know. "Is this a full cylinder or not?"
Why do I only care about that? Because you should *never* go into a match without two full cylinders (one as a back-up). Doing anything different is simply begging for a disaster.

Jerry LeVan

My Porsche gas gauge always reads full...

Post by Jerry LeVan »

: I have the Morini AP, and while the gauge might not be precise, it tells me all I need to know. "Is this a full cylinder or not?"
Stan you are lucky, my Morini gauges always say "This is a full cylinder" even after 100 shots. ( This is my second Morini with the same problem).
Would you be happy if you bought a Porsche and found out the gas gauge always read full and the factory rep said "Don't worry, a light will come on when there is a gallon left".

--Jerry
EfrenR

Post by EfrenR »

With our Morini 162EI Air Pistol, the pistol locks if the pressure goes below the level required to deliver a shot where it should have been. You can override (unlock switch) it and continue shooting (gives you about 15-20 more shots). But when you do, you run the risk of your Morini performing like other air pistols with no air pressure lock system. This should not be a problem because Morini 162EI Air Pistol comes with two air cylinders - more than enough to finish a match.
There is no doubt that Steyr is one of the best air pistols in the market today. I also knew of some Steyr owners switching to Morini 162EI. That seems to be an strong indication that the inaccuracy of the manometers on Morini cylinders is not really that significant.

ratherbe-at-adelphia.net.43125.43112
Stan Pace

As a former Porsche owner, I can say without hestitation...

Post by Stan Pace »

that *every* day one drives a Porsche, is a good (and happy) day. With or without a working gas gauge.
Again, it's a simple thing to fill the cylinders before a match.
Francesco

Post by Francesco »

It seems that most of the shooters forgets that Morini was the first that used the manometers on the air pistol bottles (Cesare was not in the factory when we started using it dear frend PAUL). After us went FWB,Walther,Hämmerli and last Steyr. The reason we changed from WIKA, the factory that makes the manometers for everybody, was the price. Because WIKA as a monopole on this small manometers they fix the price they wanted because they said that you have to buy at any case from us. I don't like this kind of talk that's why we choose one other manufacturer that produces manometer with less accuracy but at least you have one idea of the charge you have in the bottle. That's mean that all other pistol manufacturer rised up the price of their air pistols because of the increase costs of the manometers (some factories solved the problem in selling the pistol only with one bottle, you saw the price of the pistol very cheap enter the shop bought it realize there was only one bottle, bought one extra and then the price was not anymore cheap). Our intention was and is allways that if we can save some money in buying material, we are going to give back to shooters. Our price list of guns is the same for the last 5 years the only change for USA for example is the exchange rate between US$ and SFr. Reading Target Talks seems that I am wondering more on having an air pistols that is not so expensive as you that are going to buy it and this seams me very strange. Steyr was using for a long time one rod to indicate the pressure but nobody said anything, Pardini has no indicator at all but nobody says anything, SAM has no indicator at all but nobody says anything, MG1 has no indicator at all but nobody says anything, we have indicator that doesn't work as precise as the other but at no extra cost and some are not happy. Strange. In anycase we have also new manometers for people like Paul that likes to pay more for extras that doesn't make any difference ( I don't know shooters that don't refill the bottle after every traning) and all at no extra cost.

morini-at-bluewin.ch.43436.43106